SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Benchmade Valet?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benchmade Valet? Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted
Hello all.

Considering purchasing a Benchmade Valet for a colleague to celebrate a milestone and promotion. I haven't been able to lay hands on one in person, but it seems that most of the word online is positive.

Backstory: my friend is a diehard benchmade fan and wants to be carrying a nice knife with business professional clothing. It seems like this one would be a good fit and be a little less common than most benchmades.

Anyone have first hand experience. Likes or Dislikes?

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
No experience, but looks awesome. Maybe I need one?

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
It’s a nice knife. I have handled one and liked it.

I considered getting one for my dad as a present but gornthw 698 instead. Some people complain because the axis lock is smaller (smaller thumb stud and smaller axis lock tabs) it can be hard to manipulate ergonomically compared to say like a 943.

As a micro sized gentlemen’s/office knife I think it is outstanding.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post