SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    New Katana
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Katana Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
The new shinken. T10 steel, layer-forged and differentially clay-tempered. 28" blade. Sharp. Best part is the price, $200. Lots of decent blades coming from Chinese forges over eBay. There was a time I would have paid ten times for this. great-katana

Check out the beautiful hamon. It's a real temper line (fake ones are wire-brushed or acid-etched). You can also tell it's the real deal due to the lack of the thin edge bevel commonly found on inferior blades.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16248 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Purdy.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10817 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
got a link to one that is being sold your link has some of his info but not the name of the ebay store or any katana;s for sale!!

Posts: 7790 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Similar product and price here: https://sbg-sword-store.sword-....com/product569.html

I’m interested in the O-Katana - 33” blade should better fit my 38” arms...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
got a link to one that is being sold your link has some of his info but not the name of the ebay store or any katana;s for sale!!

Here you go. I think you can bid down at $200.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16248 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

Doug!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I think my last three swords were from SBG.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7989 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good deal and it sounds like you know what to look for.

My trouble with the stuff that comes out of China is you have no way of know what it really is. There's plenty of documented cases of mislabeled steel coming out of there.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
What?! No video of you chopping a meat-filled boot?

Posts: 32380 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My two katanas from them cut tatami just fine. I haven't tried my wak yet.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7989 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:

thanks.. just bought it. have wanted a real one since bugei trading company started selling them 20 years ago!!!

Posts: 7790 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
kkina. How often do you clean and oil your swords? do you remove the tsuka every time?

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
kkina. How often do you clean and oil your swords? do you remove the tsuka every time?

Just when I "feel" like they need it. Sometimes I break them down, sometimes I don't. I don't like dismantling them too often as the parts tend to get loose. Btw, for the oil I just use gun oil like Gunzilla.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:

thanks.. just bought it. have wanted a real one since bugei trading company started selling them 20 years ago!!!

Hey, great! Let us know how you like it.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."