SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Are we still Pissed off at Benchmade?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are we still Pissed off at Benchmade? Login/Join 
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Me neither, they showed their true colors.

I like the Bear Ops I got from you much better than my brother's Benchmade.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Screw Benchmade. There are other knife makers and I’ll continue to vote against BM with my wallet.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Never ever buy from them again. They were before this asinine about their autos to begin with as regards repair and shipping. They are traitors plain and simple. Won’t buy Levi’s or eat at places like outback for the same reason. Traitors to the country that made then successful. Especially a knife manufacturer should have known better than to give money to people intent on civilian disarmament. Look what the UK has done about knives and that is the same slippery slope Benchmade thinks is OK. How dumb can they be?

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of folders in my collection, mostly Spyderco.

I only had one Benchmade but had wanted to get some other models before they did what they did. Ended up giving it to a coworker.

He was has taken over tending to some cows in the morning due to his neighbor getting up in age. So far he has lost two knives he thinks while getting the hay out of his truck.

Gives me a smile to think at some point my former Benchmade will end up under a hot steamy one ! Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Not really made just found I like Spyderco's better.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
If you were to buy a used benchmade would that be considered "supporting" them?

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I will not give them my business. Too many other great knives out there to waste time with them. They screwed the pooch.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Will never buy another of their products.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benchmade were my favorite brand for years. After the gun cutting and Democrat donations debacle I have not bought any more. I have about ten of them and still use what I have. All knives I have bought since that time were other brands

Posts: 3282 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know about this. I'll save a lot of money.

Posts: 241 | Registered: October 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boxer9
posted Hide Post
I won't buy from them anymore. I won't even look at their products. They can crash and burn for all I care.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 16 | Registered: May 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Welcome, indeed.

Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
....gun cutting and Democrat donations...

I'm done with Benchmade. Still have 4 or 5 knifes of theirs but will buy no more. There are too many great competitors who don't financially support anti-second amendment assholes to ever buy another Benchmade product.

Done with Dick's sporting goods as well once I heard they were financing anti-gun lobbyists.

Not buying from virtue signalling REI as well. In fact, paid more for a pair of running shoes to avoid using them.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I won't sell off the ones I already have, but I won't be buying any more. The gun destruction was unfortunate but forgivable. That however brought my attention to their political donations, and they can do what they want but they damn sure won't be getting any of my money to do it in the future.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I'm all done with them. Like some others here I don't even bother to look at their new products.

My last 2 purchases were from a custom maker who lives and works about 20 minutes away from me. He'll likely get more business from me. He is only in his early twenties I'm guessing but wow, the kid knows his way around a machine shop. I like the Trump poster he had in his shop as well....

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 886 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
My Emerson works just fine and doesn’t come with all that political BS.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hillbilly Dan
posted Hide Post
I have two that I love, but no more. Can't argue that they sure did make great knives, but it becomes more when you screw up like they have. There are many other good knives. Plus I have started collecting Great Eastern Cutlery knives. I have all the folders and fixed blades I want.
Hillbilly Dan
Life Member NRA
Lifetime knife lover.

Posts: 317 | Location: Murray, KY | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21bubba:
If you were to buy a used benchmade would that be considered "supporting" them?

I asked this question myself as well. I suppose, you're still giving the money to someone who gave the money to BKC so you're still sorta supporting them if that makes sense. On the other hand, I don't see an issue getting a discontinued and rare pre 2019 Benchmade on the second hand market if your collection demands it. As long as you're not paying BKC or their distributors any money I think it's okay

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post