SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Benchmade Anthem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benchmade Anthem Login/Join 
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted
I've always been fascinated by integral folders since I got my first Scott Cook Lochsa. However I've never been a big fan of framelocks. I very much prefer the AXIS lock.
Yeah, I've been labelled a Benchmade fanboy. But for good reason. They don't always hit it out of the park, but when they do the results are spectacular. The Benchmade 781 Anthem is a really gorgeous knife. It looks like something forged by the Elvish of Middle Earth. Integral one-piece titanium handle with a modified AXIS lock. Ball bearing washers ensure super-smooth action. S20V steel, which is essentially US made M390.

The downsides IMHO are few....the pocket clip, though beautiful, is not as snug as I like. I haven't attempted to bend it tighter yet as I don't want to risk breaking them. And the titanium is a little slick despite the chevron sculpting. And the two tiny screws used to hold the AXIS lock to me is a little glaring. For me the Anthem is akin to a BBQ gun rather than a hard use edc. I've owned the gold one for a year or so, and though it doesn't replace my regular edc rotation much, I do love carrying it. I got the purple one recently--it was anodized by a fellow member on the BKC forum.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benchmade fanboy?
Oh, you're way past that. Wayyyyy past that.

Nice scores!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those are pretty.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post