SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Spyderco Paramilitary2 arrived
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spyderco Paramilitary2 arrived Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
Really liking the Paramilitary2.
So much better feel than the Military model I have.

Anyone else have one of these?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Yup !

I have three PM2 models and one of them is your blade/handle combo. It is my most carried knife.

Love this Spyderco series.

Congrates on yours ! Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chewbackup
posted Hide Post
I think I am up to five PM2's all different steels, scales, etc. One of the best pocket carrying slicers I own. I am always on the prowl for uncommon variants!

I love my wife, kids, dogs, Sigs, and Glocks, knives--In no particular order!

Posts: 690 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chewbackup
posted Hide Post
Just took a quick pic of what i have access too, without diving into my safe. CPM M4 steel with natural scales, S30v digi camo, CPM M4 carbon fiber scales and a Blurple PM3 S110v steel for good measure!
thinkpad sticky keys

Posts: 690 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have the blurple S110V version. Nice knife.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chewbackup
posted Hide Post
I have been looking for a decent deal on the blurple PM2, but I always miss when they have dropped in price. i came across this PM3 to give it a try out, I am impressed that it handles similar to its big brother in a smaller package!

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I have two PM2s, a S30v & my favourite, one in M390. The compression lock is simple but dependable & like all the Spydercos I own, the design makes them nice knives to work with.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I suppose I need a PM3 as well.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
This has been my go-to EDC since 2014/2015. I have the same but with the black blade. I'd replace it immediately if something ever happened to it.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent knife!

Have PM2's in S110V, M4 and my favorite steel Maxamet.

Great appreciation for the steels Spyderco offers.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I really like both the Military and the Paramilitary 2 in S110V, and I regularly switch between the two, with a Manix 2 XL in the mix. I tend to prefer a bigger knife, but there's something amazing about the way the PM2 handles and slices, and it is a slicer.

Grumpy, once you get used to handling it and it loosens up a tad, you'll be amazed how fast and easy it is to get it open and closed in a hurry. It's the fastest-handling folding knife I've ever owned or messed with.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite EDC now.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
I've got a PM2 in my pocket right now.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have a PM2 and like it a lot though I have found I like my Para 3 even more and carry it more often than I ever carried the 2.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Liked it so much I added a second one.
Turned out to be a limited run of 1,000 (if that’s limited) Red G10 with M390 blade.
Love the look of this one.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%