SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Something old but new
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something old but new Login/Join 
Picture of leftnose
posted

Hinderer XM-18 3" Vintage, O1 steel, green/bronze ano Ti, walnut scale, heat colored hardware, tri-way pivot.

3.5" for work, 3" for fun.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Elegant. Excuse my ignorance, what's that button head screw on the liner lock?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8329 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
Ripley, it is most likely for a removable lock face insert.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, that's a fine-looking folder there. Nice.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
Ripley, it is most likely for a removable lock face insert.

dozer

I've not seen that before. Or maybe even adjustable (?) although I'd want that piece to be fully solid.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8329 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
it is pretty common to make replaceable lock face inserts. that is a wear area, so it just makes sense. i don't do it on mine, but i do make sure that area is correctly carbidized and i have never had any trouble so far. i wouldn't give it a second thought if i had a frame lock with a lock insert.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post