SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Neck knife
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neck knife Login/Join 
Picture of abnmacv
posted
Looking for a neck knife to wear under a dress shirt. Flat, blade no more than 3 1/4", handle with good grip surface and an ultra-safe sheath. Any suggestions?,

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
ESEE Candiru may work for you.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benchmade use to make a nice one too. Forget the name of it.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Looking for a neck knife to wear under a dress shirt. Flat, blade no more than 3 1/4", handle with good grip surface and an ultra-safe sheath. Any suggestions?,

I like the Bark River Bravo Neckers. They are available in several steel types.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Emerson La Griffe

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been happy with the ESEE Candiru. Wear it all day dont know it is there. nice little knife

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Murray Carter neck knives are extremely nice but pretty expensive.

https://www.cartercutlery.com/...arter-1289-original/

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had several, none very expensive.

But my problem has always been-how do I wear one so that is is concealed and doesn't look like a blob under my short or T-shirt?

If I wear it high, it shows when I bend forward. Low and it is pushed out by my tummy (not that it is very big, but....).

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
abnmacv, do you want a weapon or a tool?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
I've had several, none very expensive.

But my problem has always been-how do I wear one so that is is concealed and doesn't look like a blob under my short or T-shirt?

If I wear it high, it shows when I bend forward. Low and it is pushed out by my tummy (not that it is very big, but....).

Bob

This.

It only works if you are wearing a larger and more billowy shirt. I can't imagine it would be easy to access in a dress shirt either.

A boot knife would probably work better.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
https://www.bladehq.com/item--...ed-Blade-Neck--72073

TRC Knives is top quality, give them a look.

Shawn

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Sigforum member Dozer made me a hell of a neck knife that i really enjoy.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Look at Fred Perrin neck knives if you want something that conceals well. He's paired with Spyderco & Emerson to make some pretty nice blades of his design.

He's a French knife maker and I first learned of him and his Le Heron neck knife.

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
If you can find a Spyderco Swick, it may meet your needs. I've enjoyed mine.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post