SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    My first auto
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first auto Login/Join 
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted
Kershaw Launch. It's not the size it's how you use it Cool I'm new to autos and already surprised at the lightweight. Now if I could just stop flikin it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vero8,

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vero8:
It's not the size it's how you use it [...] Now if I could just stop flikin it.

Seriously, congrats and enjoy. I look forward to the day I can move to a free state where the laws aren't so stupid. Probably the first thing I'd do is head to a reputable knife retailer and walk out with my first auto.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
My Microtech still elicits giggles <click> Jigity!

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I look forward to the day I can move to a free state where the laws aren't so stupid. Probably the first thing I'd do is head to a reputable knife retailer and walk out with my first auto.

Same, an orange handle Ultratech.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep, Combat Troodon or Dirac Delta here. As per the OP, it will, of course, require plenty of "break in." Big Grin

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shouldn't have opened this thread. Now I'm looking hard at the Kershaw Launch 6:

https://www.bladehq.com/item--...matic-Knife-3--34418

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I have that same knife Vero, love it!
Don't flick it too much, you'll go blind....

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i have carried a Launch 1 on and off for years. solid, affordable knife. they have a new Launch model with a wharncliff blade coming out. i am gonna grab one as soon as i find one available. love Kershaw and ZT for solid factory knives.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:

Don't flick it too much, you'll go blind....

Myth. You'll just grow hair on your palms.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I bought a Launch 8 last year, drawn to the orange handle. The new Wharncliffe design looks interesting and that blade shape is very practical, though 3.5" is a little long.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
i have carried a Launch 1 on and off for years. solid, affordable knife. they have a new Launch model with a wharncliff blade coming out. i am gonna grab one as soon as i find one available. love Kershaw and ZT for solid factory knives.

Kershaw 7650 Launch 13 AUTO Folding Knife 3.5" Two-Tone CPM-154 Wharncliffe Blade, Black Anodized Aluminum Handles

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my Launch 1 keep looking at the smaller Launch's just haven't jumped in yet!!

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post