SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Woot today - lights on knives. ? 2 SOGs, $30.

Moderators: parabellum

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Woot today - lights on knives. ? 2 SOGs, $30. Login/Join 
Picture of dubya
posted
I'm not sure what I think. Perhaps you have thought of this. I haven't.

SOG BladeLight Hunt (with Sheath) & Bladelight Folding Mini Combo, $30 + $5 shipping.

https://sport.woot.com/offers/...campaign=woot_widget

What do you think? Smile

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 3950 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Report This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
I think I wouldn't be caught dead with that gimmicky Chinese knife on me. But thats just my opinion.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Report This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
I did not wish to bias it but pretty much how I saw the SOGs...deal over.

I am curious- and think there may be an application of a LED on a quality knife. I can see some utility but not in 99%+ of knives.

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 3950 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Report This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking that a small LED might be nice near the end of an exacto knife, for some real delicate work, but I really can't think of another situation where I'd want a light attached to my blade.

Unless we're talking lightsabers. Because lightsabers are cool.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 708 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Report This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
No
The light would be better coming from a headlamp. I couldn't picture light coming from the knife being useful.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheeze:
No
The light would be better coming from a headlamp. I couldn't picture light coming from the knife being useful.

It could be quite useful. You can use the flashlight to see whoever it is that you want to stab then, umm, turn the knife in your hand so the pointy end is towards the person but they may have moved by then so you need to turn the knife backwards to use the flash... well, okay, maybe not.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 13023 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

It could be quite useful. You can use the flashlight to see whoever it is that you want to stab then, umm, turn the knife in your hand so the pointy end is towards the person but they may have moved by then so you need to turn the knife backwards to use the flash... well, okay, maybe not.

Ha ha ha! That makes me think of Doom3. "Why the hell can't I have my light and gun out at the same time?"

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 708 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Report This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
My $30 Kershaw has better fit, finish and components than a $100 SOG.

Posts: 8870 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Report This Post