SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Quick mini review: WorkSharp Ken Onion Edition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick mini review: WorkSharp Ken Onion Edition Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
I have about 7 global knives that were super dull plus various pocket knives that needed touching up.

Didn't feel like buy tons of stones or some of the more expensive systems. So I rolled the dice on the WorkSharp Ken Onion Edition. I got the Ken Onion because the Global knives have about a 12-15 degree angle on the edge. SUPER sharp & hard steel. I would have taken a long time for me to do them on stones.

I skipped the Extra course belt & ran course --> Med --> & Fine --> Extra Fine for all the knives that needed it. Set at 15 degrees.

In pretty short notice it returned my kitchen knives & benchmade pocket knives back to shaving hair on arm sharp. If you have a bunch of dull knives you need sharpened quickly. It'll definitely get you there.

On Amazon it goes for $130: https://www.worksharptools.com...-tool-sharpener.html

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Wife bought me one for Christmas and I think they work great!

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Add the Worksharp blade grinding attachment to it. With that I can get a razor edge on everything from my knives, to axes, woodworking chisels, plane irons, shears, on up to lawn tractor blades, etc.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
Add the Worksharp blade grinding attachment to it. With that I can get a razor edge on everything from my knives, to axes, woodworking chisels, plane irons, shears, on up to lawn tractor blades, etc.

I've had mine for a couple of months now and find it much better than the standard Ken Onion.

I put some comments and a video in the sharpening thread.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post