SIGforum
Quick mini review: WorkSharp Ken Onion Edition

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/1600085254

January 25, 2019, 08:56 AM
myrottiety
Quick mini review: WorkSharp Ken Onion Edition
I have about 7 global knives that were super dull plus various pocket knives that needed touching up.

Didn't feel like buy tons of stones or some of the more expensive systems. So I rolled the dice on the WorkSharp Ken Onion Edition. I got the Ken Onion because the Global knives have about a 12-15 degree angle on the edge. SUPER sharp & hard steel. I would have taken a long time for me to do them on stones.

I skipped the Extra course belt & ran course --> Med --> & Fine --> Extra Fine for all the knives that needed it. Set at 15 degrees.

In pretty short notice it returned my kitchen knives & benchmade pocket knives back to shaving hair on arm sharp. If you have a bunch of dull knives you need sharpened quickly. It'll definitely get you there.

On Amazon it goes for $130: https://www.worksharptools.com...-tool-sharpener.html

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
January 25, 2019, 10:00 PM
blueshep
Wife bought me one for Christmas and I think they work great!

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member
January 25, 2019, 10:39 PM
Ironbutt
Add the Worksharp blade grinding attachment to it. With that I can get a razor edge on everything from my knives, to axes, woodworking chisels, plane irons, shears, on up to lawn tractor blades, etc.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell
January 25, 2019, 11:23 PM
Gustofer
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
Add the Worksharp blade grinding attachment to it. With that I can get a razor edge on everything from my knives, to axes, woodworking chisels, plane irons, shears, on up to lawn tractor blades, etc.

I've had mine for a couple of months now and find it much better than the standard Ken Onion.

I put some comments and a video in the sharpening thread.