SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    New Microtech UTX-70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Microtech UTX-70 Login/Join 
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted
I received my New Production UTX-70 S/N 009 and it is an amazing little knife.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those little things sure are cute. I haven't seen one for sale in a long time. I think I can resist, though.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I thought I could too...it didn't work.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Saw that come up for sale today at Blade HQ as it pinged my email alert. Didn’t act fast enough. Oh well I have another and it’s a great little piece of engineering. Tiny and fast! That pen is pretty nice too! Some of those are more expensive than the OTF knives.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
This was the first Production Run of the New Style UTX-70. There are definitely more and different options coming soon. They are making Black, Tan and OD Green with S/E, D/E and T/E Blades. I love the Siphon IIs and carry it daily on my uniform. Everyone goes nuts when they see it.

posted Hide Post
I have been debating between an 85 and 70. I would really like to handle them side by side to decide. Sadly both models sell so fast ( mostly on line) that doing such a comparison may be impossible. I know get both but while I like a high quality blade, a pair would cost me as much as a new pistol or rifle which may be over the top.

Posts: 3267 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
I have been debating between an 85 and 70. I would really like to handle them side by side to decide. Sadly both models sell so fast ( mostly on line) that doing such a comparison may be impossible. I know get both but while I like a high quality blade, a pair would cost me as much as a new pistol or rifle which may be over the top.

The UTX 85 is big enough to be quite generally useful. The blade is three and an eighth inches. The handle is a little longer than a standard folder's would be, but is still very comfortable in a pocket, even not clipped in. In other words, it is a very handy pocket-knife size.

The UTX 70 is small. Like a penknife. It isn't as small as the little Swiss army knife, but it is a small knife. It would be very comfortable in a pocket. It would fine for anything you would use a small gent's knife for.

I'd for sure get the UTX 85 unless you want a genuinely small knife. They are cute as a speckled pup.

Look at the pictures above. Think how big a radio key fob is, and you'll get a better idea. There is another thread where I posted my UTX 85 with a pen, which may help you visualize that knife's size.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...510050534#6510050534

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:

The UTX-70 is cute and more of a novelty item. The UTX-85 is a very capable, well-balanced perfect sized EDC. Unless you just collect like I do- go with the UTX-85

posted Hide Post
Well I bit the bullet and found a utx-85 for a hair over 200 bucks. When it arrives I hope it does the trick!

Posts: 3267 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I bit the bullet and found a utx-85 for a hair over 200 bucks. When it arrives I hope it does the trick!

You'll like it. Post a photo.

I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Good grief, that is crazy small.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
What is on that knife to keep you from slicing your own hand.
get some blood or water on it and the results may not be good.

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
It would seriously effect the resale value.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chansen92:
What is on that knife to keep you from slicing your own hand.
get some blood or water on it and the results may not be good.

This is the standard design for an OTF knife.