SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    CRKT Karma ***WINNER muzzleloader***
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CRKT Karma ***WINNER muzzleloader*** Login/Join 
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

Member since 2004, but no idea of my post count. Can I play? One hell of a nice gesture!

Thank you,

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^Your post count stands at 426. Yes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Put me in please. Years back I bought a VW Beatle for a salvage car and found in the trunk under the dash cover a nice condition Puma model 260. Great little knife I carried it for years.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
August 1997,

.On our last weekend of being highschoolers and moving on towards adulthood me, my best friend and our ladies decided we'd head over to Great Falls park, we packed with us some disgusting stuff called ICE 101, which was 101 proof peppermint schnapps. For some reason we'd drink that crap over straight over ice, tasted like mouth wash. There's this set of rocks there that a small waterfall goes over we would slither between the rocks and into a little cave behind the falls and sip on the ICE 101.

After a while we were pretty blitzed. Time to climb up the embankment out of the creek/river bed. My drunk ass grabs a root that was not very strong and fall about 10' to the ground. The fall resulted in losing many layers of skin and ending up with what looked like severe road rash.

After making it back to the parking lot we realized no one in our group of four was driving anywhere. Somehow I got one of our friends to drive another friend up there and pick us up and drive my car back.

The next morning we called each other to say our final goodbyes for a while. as I was off to college and he was moving out of his parents house. He had saved $2,000 for his first place to rent after highschool. He had it in his backpack the day prior and lost it. We went back to search for it and retraced our steps from earlier. Searched and searched to no avail. His money was gone. As we were leaving I caught something out of the corner of my eye, it was a benchmade knife just sitting there. Grabbed it, it must not have been there long, no rust, mostly dirt/mud free. Cleaned it up and have had it for 20+ years now. A SF member was kind enough to sharpen it for me a couple of years ago, apparently a very hard to sharpen knife with a couple of profile changes. He did an excellent job. I would have destroyed it not knowing a thing about knives.

The last time we spoke about that day, a decade or more later my buddy still thought my other buddy snagged the money out of his bag. He ended up having to live with his parents for another six months after that to resave all that money.

So, there's a lost and found story for you. Just two different people doing to losing and finding. I often wonder what really happened to the cash. My buddy likely just dropped it in the woods. I wonder if there is some guy going around telling the story about how he found two grand while going for a hike in the park twenty years ago?

Here it is all these years later, still in great shape.

PS if anyone ever finds my lost Benchmade BM42, I'll pay a hefty reward.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

I am excluded, but would like to share my story.

I was 11 years old, walking the banks of the Weber River hunting rocks. I came upon a knife perched carefully on a rock, covered in blood & guts. Like any dumb kid, I quickly grabbed it and looked it over in awe of my find. It appeared to be in excellent condition. In scanning the area, I spotted the crime scene. Nearby, there was a large pile of fish guts. My brain quickly concocted the story of a man catching a beast of a fish. He was so excited that he cleaned it up quick, then split, forgetting his knife. I rinsed it off in the river and took it home. My dad had a surprising reaction to my discovery. He was happy for me and he soon hand tooled a leather belt sheath. He was also reading up on a hot new sharpening method, and he put an edge on the blade that still scares me to this day. I carried that knife on my belt for every childhood excursion I had from that time forward. I hope to carry it on my elk hunt this year, and one day I’ll pass it to one of my grandsons, after I share the story of course.

https://ibb.co/jzBwEc

Your gesture is very kind. Love this group!

Jim

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
In deference to great stories like the one above, I have decided to remove the minimum post count requirement. You must have been a member before the thread date and share a lost/found story as noted in the OP.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

Well that is fantastic! Thank you sir!

Jim

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim1970:
Hello!

Well that is fantastic! Thank you sir!

Jim

Yes it is. Thanks for the story.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Karma. I have a CRKT that I got with my Georgia Carry life membership, but the scales are a bit too grippy for jeans every day. I’ll relate a couple of stories.

The first is my Old Timer. A gentleman’s knife, given to me by my parents when I was a wee lad of around 9. I carried it for a time, did stupid things with it as boys may do (note the tip). One day, I couldn’t find it. I was heartbroken for months, my first adult like gift, gone. Eventually, I had to move on.

Years later, home from college, I was in the back yard, almost to the field. A tree was showing signs that it’s time may have come, and I was giving it the walk around. Damn my eyes, if I didn’t see that same Old Timer stuck in the crook. I nearly cried with joy. I’ve not sharpened it or anything since, I’ve left it with the scars from a child.

The other is more of a mystery. Marked Frost Cutlery on one side, Surgical Steel on the other. A sort of stag like handle. I found it in my couch! When I found it, the blade looked like it had been sharpened with a belt sander at 60 grit. It has taken awhile to get it to this state, and it is not done, but it gets closer. Mostly relatives or close friends have sat on that couch, so the possible backstory is intriguing. I keep asking around, but no one has claimed.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I lost a Spyderco PM2 about a year or so ago and have yet to find it. I never carried it so it's either here in the house somewhere or someone snatched it. It should have turned up by now I would have thought.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
count me in.
2010 my brother and I were recovering my black bear and just rode 30 miles out in the morning.
got him sealed and moved around for some good pics. got him strapped to the atv and hauled for camp. Got all the way back and he left his folding CRKT stuck in a stump back at the bait stand. We will go back some day and find that knife and fill some more bear tags.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzzleloader:
count me in.
2010 my brother and I were recovering my black bear and just rode 30 miles out in the morning.
got him sealed and moved around for some good pics. got him strapped to the atv and hauled for camp. Got all the way back and he left his folding CRKT stuck in a stump back at the bait stand. We will go back some day and find that knife and fill some more bear tags.

Wow, an actual lost CRKT story. All right, good enough for me. Please send me your shipping address and I'll whip out your replacement. Congratulations.

Everyone else, thank you for the great stories. All are deserving, and I wish I had a knife for all of you. Thank you for playing.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Congrats muzzleloader, and thanks kkina for the generosity.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Thank you so much kkina. After the day of work I had today, this just blows me away. May the rains fall gently on your fields. pm coming your way.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post