SIGforum
Who makes the best K Bar today.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/1480097144

May 15, 2018, 04:26 PM
rduckwor
Who makes the best K Bar today.
Thanks, RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.
May 15, 2018, 05:10 PM
CPD SIG
For what? And how much do you want to spend?
Strider makes a great one, Cold Steel aint bad for the price.

If you just want a regular USMC KBar, KBar is an ok brand.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
May 19, 2018, 12:25 PM
seabass
If you're looking for a standard USMC pattern combat/utility knife, look at the Case XX version. True in detail to the old WW II format. Unfinished stacked leather handle, parked blade etc.

Ontario was contracted by them to make components like the blades.

The newer KA BAR, has an expoxied finished blade, handle profile is different and the leather handles is a smooth coated finish.

I have the Case version. I compared it to my vintage unissued Camillus MK2 combat knife and its virtually identical.

June 04, 2018, 10:19 PM
C L Wilkins
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
If you're looking for a standard USMC pattern combat/utility knife, look at the Case XX version. True in detail to the old WW II format. Unfinished stacked leather handle, parked blade etc.

Ontario was contracted by them to make components like the blades.

The newer KA BAR, has an expoxied finished blade, handle profile is different and the leather handles is a smooth coated finish.

I have the Case version. I compared it to my vintage unissued Camillus MK2 combat knife and its virtually identical.

I've got the Case and the Kabar. Both are OK versions. I
June 09, 2018, 05:03 PM
rduckwor
Thanks.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.