SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Who makes the best K Bar today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes the best K Bar today. Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
Thanks, RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For what? And how much do you want to spend?
Strider makes a great one, Cold Steel aint bad for the price.

If you just want a regular USMC KBar, KBar is an ok brand.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of seabass
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for a standard USMC pattern combat/utility knife, look at the Case XX version. True in detail to the old WW II format. Unfinished stacked leather handle, parked blade etc.

Ontario was contracted by them to make components like the blades.

The newer KA BAR, has an expoxied finished blade, handle profile is different and the leather handles is a smooth coated finish.

I have the Case version. I compared it to my vintage unissued Camillus MK2 combat knife and its virtually identical.

Posts: 1139 | Location: CA | Registered: July 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
If you're looking for a standard USMC pattern combat/utility knife, look at the Case XX version. True in detail to the old WW II format. Unfinished stacked leather handle, parked blade etc.

Ontario was contracted by them to make components like the blades.

The newer KA BAR, has an expoxied finished blade, handle profile is different and the leather handles is a smooth coated finish.

I have the Case version. I compared it to my vintage unissued Camillus MK2 combat knife and its virtually identical.

I've got the Case and the Kabar. Both are OK versions. I

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post