SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Esee Izula II...anybody have one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Esee Izula II...anybody have one? Login/Join 
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted
I've been eyeing this knife for awhile and just haven't pulled the trigger. I think I'd want to strip the blade if I did pick one up. Anyone here own one? Likes, dislikes? Worth getting?

I envision myself carrying it everyday on a belt--not sure how realistic that it.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
I have an Izula II and a Chinese knock off of the skeletal one.
Carry the Chinese version daily; along with a serrated Endura.
The knock off, as well as the authentic II, perform well and are both recommended.
Check Ebay for the knock off and ESEE forum classified subform for the original.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
I have an Izula II and a Chinese knock off of the skeletal one.
Carry the Chinese version daily; along with a serrated Endura.
The knock off, as well as the authentic II, perform well and are both recommended.
It is carried in the weak side cargo pocket of 5.11 pants.
Check Ebay for the knock off and ESEE forum classified subform for the original.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I'd EDC it, but I like my Izula II. What makes you want one?

Instead of a Chinese knockoff I'd suggest looking at the Mora Eldris without the kit.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I don't have the II, but do have a couple of the original Izulas. Nice little knife but the handle is too short for my tastes.
I was going to get the II, but eventually got a Becker BK 14 instead.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one for awhile but ended up moving on from it after awhile. It was a good knife but it just didn't fill a role for me.

I already have a candiru and a 3 so I do t need anything between the 2 sizes.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've carried one for a couple of years - EDC weak side. Great size but the full micarta scales (and slightly larger size over original Izula) make it more useful to me and very comfortable to use from opening boxes to slicing fruits, veg, cheese and self defense if needed in a pinch. Easy to sharpen and easy to maintain.

Knive choices are very personal but this small knife works for me.

Posts: 542 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post