SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Damascus Kitchen Killer!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Damascus Kitchen Killer!! Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
There is a company called Alabama Damascus that creates some beautiful steel “art”. This pattern is called Frenzy. This knife promises you will do meal prep with a grin. The scales are a surprise for an amazing customer. I gave it a deep etch so after lots of real use the black will wear off and still display its amazing patterning forever!

I really love this build. I will post some pics when completed as not to spoil the surprise!!

Before https://imgur.com/a/adRKwI2

After https://imgur.com/a/nf8JEO9

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Watching this one! You already have a buyer, Jim?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Looks like its already drawn blood there Jim in that second photo. Smile

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the damascus pattern.

If you don't mind a little constructive criticism I would strongly suggest that you change the pattern of the handle unless the customer specifically designed it or asked for it as such. The way that handle is designed pretty much eliminates the proper rocking motion on a board that most chefs use during prep. It needs more hand/knuckle clearance above a cutting board. Perhaps this is some special use kitchen knife but the size of it indicates more of a general use chefs knife which the handle design would prevent the normal use of.

I'm sure that once the scales are on it's going to be one beautiful knife......

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I like your observations DJ!! I did this handle to be able to address most cutting/slicing chores in the kitchen. I have large hands and there is AMPLE knuckle room and enough(or not enough) angle Wink to Julienne or chop with great ease and not a lot of wrist pressure. I know a lot of people like a “straight“ handle on a Chef, I guess we can title it an “all purpose” Kitchen Killer! It will be an eye-catcher for sure!! Thanks bud!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
From the feedback e-mail I got yesterday!!

She used it tonight for the first time to debone and breakdown two large chickens. She says the weight is perfect and the balance and handle is like it was made for her hand.

She’s happy!

I’m happy⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️