SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Sucker for Wrapped Handles and Japanese Stye
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sucker for Wrapped Handles and Japanese Stye Login/Join 
Picture of UTsig
posted
I've got 15+ knives with wrapped handles but always room for one more. A good friend had recommended Josh Mason to me a couple of years ago. I finally saw him post a few Kiridashi for sale on Blade Forums. Sold, I had to try one. This is a small utility knife, perfect for around the office/house.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice one. Here's my new one from Ben Tendick. It's a 5 inch Oregonto in .125 blade stock.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Nice one from Ben, I've got one of his Kraikens. You and I have PM'd on BF, I'm Win.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even better.

The Hartsfield style sheath is fantastic. It's like an integral part of the knife.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Ben has nailed it, he's doing some really interesting work. The sheath is spot on, his use of Buffalo or Elephant hide adds to the package.

This Josh Mason is amazing for $100.00! I'd like to get one of his Kozuka/Kwaiken at some point. Rolf, Lycosa, from BF told me about Josh a few years back, glad I finally got one.

posted Hide Post
I'm getting a new production RJ Martin 5' Wassabi in a couple of days. I asked for no thong hole so it's probably a Batwing Kwaiken with kydex sheath.

I hope Ben will make a Hartsfield style sheath for it.

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I've always liked RJ's work. I ordered a Wasabi from him, years ago, never got it! I see them come up for sale on occasion and am always tempted.

Post pictures when you get it.

posted Hide Post
Anybody know if there is a website for Josh Mason or a email addy to contact him?
Like the look of his knives and wanna contact him.

Thanks James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
James, here's his e-mail, mention that you saw a post where Win showed his Kiridashi.

brightforwar@yahoo.com

Win

posted Hide Post
Man I really like Ben's work. I owned a 4" Oregonto. His prices are just a bit on the high end, but I really want a 5-6" Kraiken with the Hartsfield sheath.

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post