SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    M9 Buck USMC Bayonet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M9 Buck USMC Bayonet Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
Picked this up a couple weeks ago.
Pretty rare one, I think it was contract for 2500 pieces IIRC.
Just need to find a correct scabbard for it.

Considering my son is about to graduate from Parris Island, it probably will have a new home soon!

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Cool find! Looks to be in pretty decent shape, too. I’ll bet your son would be proud to receive that as a graduation present!

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Yes that's a nice find. I wish I had a suggestion of where to find a proper scabbard. Good luck! It's gonna make a great gift.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 781 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD:
Yes that's a nice find. I wish I had a suggestion of where to find a proper scabbard. Good luck! It's gonna make a great gift.

Texas Knifemaker's Supply

The sheaths will work for any blade that is up to 8" long and up to 1 3/4" wide. For comparison, a Marine Corp fighting knife is 7" X 1 1/8". I picked one of the sheaths up for a buddy of mine and it worked just fine for his Kabar.

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighthouse Keeper
posted Hide Post
A quick google session revealed THIS sheath for an Ontario M-9. I know I’ve seen used sheaths elsewhere, but I can’t recall where.

Great bayonet, btw!

Posts: 839 | Location: America's High-Five | Registered: December 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link, that’s very close to the original
Think I’m gonna watch eBay and try to snag the correct original

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Cool. Would love to have one. I was issued a Buck while in the 7th Infantry at Ft. Ord.

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
That would be a great gift

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post