SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    One for the Wife!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One for the Wife! Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
After mis-placing her paring(all-purposeEek) knife I finally made her a new one! I REALLY like this steel, CPMS35VN is very impressive and moisture, not a problem with this Super-stainless!! I don't think she will lose it in the dark!
https://imgur.com/a/C3LnrCT

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
very nice. i thought about making all custom knives for our kitchen, but i can't bear what my loving wife would do to them. she is a perfect heathen when it comes to treating good cutlery well.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
You shure we aren't married to the same person? LOL

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I caught mine about to slice a bone-in ham on a ceramic plate with a good Japanese gyuto.

That thing has a fine edge. And a gyuto to slice meat on a bone?

She didn't even understand why this was not acceptable.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Since the wife is the main chief and cuts on plates all the time. We use el cheapo but decent knives that are easily sharpened. She has been better lately but I still see it a lot! And after 46 years of being together I just resharpen as needed and smile. My sharpening skills have certainly improved over time. My steel is used a lot and has become our kitchens best friend. Wink

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post

Let me know if you don't want this in the thread.

Looks good.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I caught mine about to slice a bone-in ham on a ceramic plate with a good Japanese gyuto.

That thing has a fine edge. And a gyuto to slice meat on a bone?

She didn't even understand why this was not acceptable.

I feel your pain. As has been stated before, "Can't we have anything nice?"

CW

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post