SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Does anyone have any experience with Mtn Forged OTF knives?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone have any experience with Mtn Forged OTF knives? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
I just found these yesterday and ordered one. I have been wanting a microtech or benchmade for many years but just can't bring myself to come off the coin for one. I did a search here but didn't find anything.

I also got 10% off using RECON10OFF code. The reviews on this have been favorable. They sell on Amazon, too.

Mtn Forged Recon OTF

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I love how our story and Our process are blank and there is no contact information.. The website looks cool if it was complete. Let us know if you find out any more info.

I would probably just buy a lighting for 40 bucks!!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I thought that was weird on the story and process. I see a phone number, hours, email and a place to send a message on the contact info.

quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
I love how our story and Our process are blank and there is no contact information.. The website looks cool if it was complete. Let us know if you find out any more info.

I would probably just buy a lighting for 40 bucks!!!

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I received it today and a small LED flashlight. I am very impressed! Well worth the money I paid for it and the light was a nice little bonus. I can see a couple more of these in my future.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I also ordered this one...

TacKnive OTF

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing this.

Looks like they are popular, most models are sold out.

It'd be nice to know more about the company.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
You’reWelcome. It came with a small pamphlet in the box. I will take pics and post them so you can read it. It talks about the company, maintenance and the like.

I’m really pleased with it. I think the other one I have coming will be nice as well.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much.

That will be very helpful indeed Smile

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
My apologies for the terrible pics.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Not at all!

Thank you very much, again Smile

It seems very promotional Wink

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Not at all!

Thank you very much, again Smile

It seems very promotional Wink[/QUOTE

Happy to do it. Again, I’m very happy with it. For the price and the construction. Barely any play in the blade. Sharp and the action is strong.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Very glad to hear that you're so pleased with it.

You did well!

Have been debating an OTF for a while, as i EDC a side opening auto...

Looking forward to hearing about how you like it after a while, also Smile

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I will report back. I’ve carried a Benchmade mini Stryker for over 17 years and it’s never failed me. I should probably send it to Benchmade for a cleaning and sharpening.

posted Hide Post
Most affordable OTFs from the non major players are Chinese made parts that are assembled in the USA to skirt import laws. That would be my guess

They can claim that are USA made because they list the cost of assembly as 51% of the overall cost which means the majority of the value is done in the USA and so that how they get around everything.

The assembly work is usually don't by a Chinese person (usually young women in my exoerience) who they train to do assembly. They get in big shipments of parts and sit and assemble them all day. Then they can sell the knives to whatever company wants to have an affordable OTF in their lineup.

The D2 steel is a pretty dead giveaway. It isn't used much here anymore and is a very popular 'upgrade' on Chinese made knives.

Guardian Tactical is my go to for slightly more affordable proper USA made OTFs compared to Microtech and Benchmade.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post