SIGforum
Does anyone have any experience with Mtn Forged OTF knives?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/1270014464

December 17, 2019, 11:37 AM
BennerP220
Does anyone have any experience with Mtn Forged OTF knives?
I just found these yesterday and ordered one. I have been wanting a microtech or benchmade for many years but just can't bring myself to come off the coin for one. I did a search here but didn't find anything.

I also got 10% off using RECON10OFF code. The reviews on this have been favorable. They sell on Amazon, too.

Mtn Forged Recon OTF
December 17, 2019, 12:25 PM
Ronin101
I love how our story and Our process are blank and there is no contact information.. The website looks cool if it was complete. Let us know if you find out any more info.

I would probably just buy a lighting for 40 bucks!!!
December 17, 2019, 12:28 PM
BennerP220
Yeah, I thought that was weird on the story and process. I see a phone number, hours, email and a place to send a message on the contact info.

quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
I love how our story and Our process are blank and there is no contact information.. The website looks cool if it was complete. Let us know if you find out any more info.

I would probably just buy a lighting for 40 bucks!!!

December 20, 2019, 03:46 PM
BennerP220
I received it today and a small LED flashlight. I am very impressed! Well worth the money I paid for it and the light was a nice little bonus. I can see a couple more of these in my future.
December 20, 2019, 04:23 PM
BennerP220
I also ordered this one...

TacKnive OTF
December 20, 2019, 07:33 PM
ersatzknarf
Thanks for sharing this.

Looks like they are popular, most models are sold out.

It'd be nice to know more about the company.

December 20, 2019, 07:41 PM
BennerP220
You’reWelcome. It came with a small pamphlet in the box. I will take pics and post them so you can read it. It talks about the company, maintenance and the like.

I’m really pleased with it. I think the other one I have coming will be nice as well.
December 20, 2019, 09:24 PM
ersatzknarf
Thank you very much.

That will be very helpful indeed Smile

December 20, 2019, 11:17 PM
BennerP220
My apologies for the terrible pics.

December 21, 2019, 09:03 PM
ersatzknarf
Not at all!

Thank you very much, again Smile

It seems very promotional Wink

December 21, 2019, 09:49 PM
BennerP220
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Not at all!

Thank you very much, again Smile

It seems very promotional Wink[/QUOTE

Happy to do it. Again, I’m very happy with it. For the price and the construction. Barely any play in the blade. Sharp and the action is strong.
December 22, 2019, 12:19 PM
ersatzknarf
Very glad to hear that you're so pleased with it.

You did well!

Have been debating an OTF for a while, as i EDC a side opening auto...

Looking forward to hearing about how you like it after a while, also Smile

December 22, 2019, 01:37 PM
BennerP220
I will report back. I’ve carried a Benchmade mini Stryker for over 17 years and it’s never failed me. I should probably send it to Benchmade for a cleaning and sharpening.
December 24, 2019, 11:52 PM
Scurvy
Most affordable OTFs from the non major players are Chinese made parts that are assembled in the USA to skirt import laws. That would be my guess

They can claim that are USA made because they list the cost of assembly as 51% of the overall cost which means the majority of the value is done in the USA and so that how they get around everything.

The assembly work is usually don't by a Chinese person (usually young women in my exoerience) who they train to do assembly. They get in big shipments of parts and sit and assemble them all day. Then they can sell the knives to whatever company wants to have an affordable OTF in their lineup.

The D2 steel is a pretty dead giveaway. It isn't used much here anymore and is a very popular 'upgrade' on Chinese made knives.

Guardian Tactical is my go to for slightly more affordable proper USA made OTFs compared to Microtech and Benchmade.