SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Heck of a day at the mailbox! New Krein and Koenig!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heck of a day at the mailbox! New Krein and Koenig! Login/Join 
The Constable
posted

Snagged a Krein wharnie from his Facebook page a few weeks back. Came with the kydex sheath. And I opted for one of his leather sheaths as well. Added to the wait, but it was worth it. Very well done.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post

Heres the Koenig. Carbon Fiber scales, working finish blade. Found this guy for a great price on the Blade forums, couldn't resist.

I really fell in love with these at the Portland Show.

This thing is quite the fidget toy. Have been playing with it for two days now. Opens and closes so smoothly!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Very nice!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Big fan of the Wharncliffe blade and you can't beat a Krein. When I carried knives everyday it was always a Wharncliffe, Sheepfoot or Coping blade.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the Wharncliffe. Looks like a very useful knife.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Krein makes the sort of knives I like. Simple, and made to use. I should try one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Krein makes the sort of knives I like. Simple, and made to use. I should try one.

My suggestion; Join his page on Facebook. he drops quite a few from there and the members are also always selling. SEVERAL were listed in the past 2 days by members.

Also upper left of the page, look at FILE. There are several pages one can open that explain each model, blade length, OAL, etc.

I agree...I like simple blades as well. Like the Kreins, Doziers and several of their designs from Bark River. Don't require loots of bells and whistles.

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Have you ever taken a look at Montana Mastersmith Ed Caffrey's knives. Check out his EBK line. He's been making these for years. I carried a Wharncliife identical to the one he has on his site.

http://www.caffreyknives.net/ebk_update.html

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post