SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Found A Sting 1A From 1977
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found A Sting 1A From 1977 Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
https://flic.kr/s/aHskTPXBh5

You never know what you'll find at a thrift store. People donate things that surprise you.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice find.

I'm going to try garage sales when they pick up this summer.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I had one and sold it years ago....before I knew what it was.

Bought it new from a small tobacco shop when I was 16

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nice score.

I have always admired that knife.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Knowing A.G. Russell by name only it's a nice tribute to know his knives after his passing.

This was interesting and it covers the Sting 1A.

The A.G. Russell Sting Story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1HLAfPQ9cU

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the video link! I can't decide what to do with this item.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're nice little utility knives, at the very least. I keep one in the center drawer of my desk at home.

If you support one with a pencil or string or whatever through the hole and tap it, it rings like a bell. :-)

Posts: 327 | Location: Frankfort, Kentucky.  | Registered: November 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Thanks for the video link! I can't decide what to do with this item.

Keep it, it has magical powers and glows in the presents of orks and trolls. I am sure keeping mine.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post