SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Custom G10 or micarta grips for Becker knives?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom G10 or micarta grips for Becker knives? Login/Join 
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted
Preferably not the TKC or the factory micarta grips. I can't seem to find any.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
for which knife?

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
BK9 and BK5.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I actually like the TKC grips.
That said, I have the factory canvas micarta on a couple of the bigger knives (BK5 and 7) and like them, not love them.

Honestly, I like the home-made stippling I did on my BK9 the best.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
That said, I have the factory canvas micarta on a couple of the bigger knives (BK5 and 7) and like them, not love them.

I can only imagine the horror show my stippling attempt would turn out to be. LOL

I've got the factory micarta scales on the BK9 and I like them alright, but I'd really prefer G10.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
What don't you like about the TKC G10 scales?

Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
I didn't care for the installation method on the one pair that I've seen. The pins, screws on either side, etc. I much prefer the factory three screw and nut method. It's much more straight-forward.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Check out these scales.
Uses factory nut/screws.
http://www.tomarskabars.com/BK2VZ_Handles_INFO.html

I have no experience with them.

The TKC bushing/screws aren't as bad as you think. I use them on my primary go-to ESEE's and I've never ever had a problem.

Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Do you prefer ESEE over Becker knives?

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily. They both have their advantages/disadvantages.

The smaller (3,4) ESEE handles are too small. I like the larger TKC scales for these knives. Makes it more comfy and usable.

I'm rather fond of the Laser Strike as my go-to knife when I'm camping in the backwoods. But I'll grab an ESEE 4 for short hikes.

Lately I've been enamoured with the ESEE/Becker Eskabar and keep it sheathed to my chest pack when hiking. I find it much more usable than the Izula sized knives.

However my absolute favorite from either the Becker and ESEE lines is the Becker BK15. This is my primary knife carried daily attached to my man purse. The perfect defensive knife for the form I study.

Picture of rmc85
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pics! I did mine long ago. Don't think I've seen anyone else thats done theirs.

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not necessarily. They both have their advantages/disadvantages.

The smaller (3,4) ESEE handles are too small. I like the larger TKC scales for these knives. Makes it more comfy and usable.

I'm rather fond of the Laser Strike as my go-to knife when I'm camping in the backwoods. But I'll grab an ESEE 4 for short hikes.

Lately I've been enamoured with the ESEE/Becker Eskabar and keep it sheathed to my chest pack when hiking. I find it much more usable than the Izula sized knives.

However my absolute favorite from either the Becker and ESEE lines is the Becker BK15. This is my primary knife carried daily attached to my man purse. The perfect defensive knife for the form I study.

I've wanted to pick up the Laser Strike for awhile now. Just haven't done it.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rmc85:
Pics! I did mine long ago. Don't think I've seen anyone else thats done theirs.

I don't have any newer pics.
This one is from when I first did my BK9.

This is a bK15 that I carry regularly and my go-to defensive knife that I keep attached to my man purse.