SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Cold Steel San Mai III Trail Master
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cold Steel San Mai III Trail Master Login/Join 
posted
Kind of an impulse buy. Midway USA had one of their deals where they give dollars off per purchase. Knocked $30 off of $300 so I thought why not? Biggest fixed blade I have is a very old and still very sharp 4" Benchmark. So I ordered ...

This is a wickedly sharp beast of a blade. How sharp? Not sure if I like it in the zip code of my nuts sharp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3goX5xSlWfI

Good for cutting down trees or cutting chickens in half. Not quite sure what I am going to do with it.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Impressive video. I have several Cold Steel Shinobu San Mai folders.
They are scary sharp. I'm not surprised that the Bowie is wicked sharp as well.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Have owned Trail Master "2nd" in the basic Carbon V steel for 27 years. It is the real deal. I took down an entire backyard jungle with mine.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Swinging that hard, you'd think a wrist lanyard would be a good idea.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8325 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

At the beginning of the video- it has a lanyard

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:

At the beginning of the video- it has a lanyard

Thanks, missed that, across the hand, not wrist.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8325 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Have you cut any meat-filled boots yet?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I like it, have always wanted one, but currently have several Busses on order.

jump to 2:55 for the proverbial meat filled boots...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

First thing I did was put a lanyard on that knife. Have dropped a few butter knives without issue but dropping this one would leave a mark.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post