SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Introducing the Kitty Hawk Flyer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Introducing the Kitty Hawk Flyer Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted

The Kitty Hawk Flyer is a new, all-electric aircraft. It is safe, tested and legal to operate in the United States in uncongested areas under the Ultralight category of FAA regulations. We’ve designed our first version specifically to fly over water. You don’t need a pilot’s license and you’ll learn to fly it in minutes. To learn more, visit https://kittyhawk.aero/

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMWh4W1C2PM

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Death awaits

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
And it probably won't be long...Somebody is going to set that thing down on someone and chop their head off...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Drone meets personal water craft meets sybian. Got it. Yeah, death awaits. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29699 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Death awaits

But they all look so happy!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're flying a blender- what could go wrong.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Message: if you buy one, you too can be young, beautiful, hip and happy.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Douchebag elimination system

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
The Kitty Hawk Flyer is a new, all-electric aircraft.
We're gonna need a longer extension cord.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
And it probably won't be long...Somebody is going to set that thing down on someone and chop their head off...

and straight out of the commments...

"And cars are a good idea until a kid gets run over."

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
No way in heck I would want one of those things flying within 100 yards of me. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Looks like a lot of fun, in short doses. Wonder if they bothered with stabilization similar to a segway or something?

If not, yeah, death stuff.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Over water is about the only way I get on one of those things.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Being an R/C pilot, and knowing the technology behind it, I want one... NOW!!!

Sure it's dangerous, but so are most things that are truly fun to me. Big Grin

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope it's gonna be - fly for 10 min, charge for 10 hours kind of deal. Or extra battery pack for another 10 min shot - $2000.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
What? No solar panels? <facetious<

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Death awaits

So safe they let the wife fly it first? Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That looks like fun!
If I hadn't already been killed multiple times by Klackers and Lawn Darts, I'd be tempted.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Needs more wingsuit.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Get rid of the batteries and put a Honda generator on that thing.

quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Hope it's gonna be - fly for 10 min, charge for 10 hours kind of deal. Or extra battery pack for another 10 min shot - $2000.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post