SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ryan Blocking Concealed Carry Reciprocity
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ryan Blocking Concealed Carry Reciprocity Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
GOP Rep: Paul Ryan Will Not Let Congress Touch Concealed Carry Reciprocity
paul ryanAP/Pablo Martinez Monsivais
by AWR HAWKINS8 Sep 20171,744
During the September 7 of Armed American Radio with Mark Walters, Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) said his concealed carry legislation is stalled because Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) does not want Congress to touch it.
National reciprocity legislation—H.R. 38—would treat concealed carry permits like driver’s licenses, making a permit from one state valid in the other 49. Massie is the sponsor of H.R. 2909, which covers a blind spot in the national reciprocity legislation by mandating that Washington DC recognize concealed carry permits from all 50 states.

H.R. 38 was introduced in Congress on January 3, 2017, and HR 2909 was introduced in June, following the attack on GOP Congressmen at Congressional Baseball Practice. But both bills are currently languishing in Congress.

Mark Walters asked Massie about the lack of movement on national reciprocity, and Massie said, “The Speaker told me he didn’t think the timing was right.” An exasperated Massie then added, “But this is the exact time to bring this bill. So it is frustrating for me.”

Massie continued, “Listen, I was no fan of [Speaker] John Boehner, but even under John Boehner, I was allowed to offer an amendment to the DC Appropriations Bill to defund all their gun control laws. It passed in the House. … We got all but four Republicans to vote for it and 20 Democrats voted to defund all of Washington DC’s gun control laws.”

He explained that he secured the necessary votes to defund DC gun control at a time when no specific event provided the impetus for doing so. Now, however, the Alexandria baseball practice attack has provided impetus, making the passage of HR 2909 a no-brainer. Yet Massie admitted, “Paul Ryan will not let me bring that amendment to the floor.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ncealed-reciprocity/

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8342 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
What. A. Bastage.

This is the perfect time.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Keep it up, Ryan. See what happens.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryan is no friend of gun owners.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
I grew tired of Ryan a long time ago.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
We are finding there is no good timing for Ryan to get some work done on just about anything the voters put them all in office for. Hopefully the WI voters have had enough of him as the rest of us.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
May he join Eric Cantor in the ranks of majority leaders who lose their primary.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
What is not right about the timing, pray tell?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Bastid.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

The only things that I can think of is the lack of supermajority in the Senate, and the makeup of the Supreme Court...

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:
quote:

The only things that I can think of is the lack of supermajority in the Senate, and the makeup of the Supreme Court...

Pretty sure the right check has not cleared is the main hold up...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Fuck him then. Tired of his ass anyway.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Okay.

Who has the pillowcase filled with doorknobs?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really dislike Ryan, but he may know he does not have the votes to pass it.

Too many RINOS

He may not want to have it a lightning rod that can't pass.

It is going to be hard enough to pass the tax stuff.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's political suicide unfortunately so I don't know if it would ever happen.

The backlash from the left would be larger than the backlash from the right was over Obamacare.

Personally, I would rather see a smaller amount of political capital spent passing the hearing protection act.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Okay.

Who has the pillowcase filled with doorknobs?

forget the pillowcase - seems like he would be a great candidate for waterboarding to prove conclusively if it can get you to change your mind...

Ryan has outlived his usefulness as an idiot

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53164 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He needs to go. Simple as that. Cannot get a coalition together, now this crap.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53164 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markand:
Ryan is no friend of gun owners.

He is no friend of any conservative American, regardless of their party!

That asshole carried water for obummer for as long as he was in office.'

One thing is clear as crystal: Ryan is the heart and sole of the GOPe.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

It would likely pass, and be signed by Trump

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post