SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How times have changed - things you did in high school that would get you expelled (or worse) today. I’ll go first...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How times have changed - things you did in high school that would get you expelled (or worse) today. I’ll go first... Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I was “weapons” dealer (No firearms I’m NOT that old). A friend of mine’s dad was a pawnshop owner and one day my buddy showed up to school with a wholesale catalog for Gutmann Cutlery Company his dad had given him. My friend wanted some martial arts weapons in the catalog but his dad didn’t want to order anything. I told my friend I’d set up a business and he could order through me. At the time, Gutmann was a wholesale company with no sales to individuals and minimum orders. That didn’t stop me. I formed a business and sent a letter to Gutmann to get an account number. Once I had my account established, I started passing my catalog around before class and during lunch with my price list (profit and shipping built in). Once I had enough pre-orders, I’d give everyone a deadline to pay me. Once payment had been received, I’d send my order off and wait for everything to be delivered. As I was selling at school and didn’t have a car, I delivered at school too. As I recall, Bowie knives, Sheffield daggers, Edge Mark and Puma hunting knives from Germany, throwing daggers, swords, and martial arts supplies were really popular. I did this for three years and not once did a teacher or an administrator ask me to stop. The attached picture is of one of my first knives, an Edge Mark hunting knife with Solingen German steel, stag handle and a 6” blade. I still use this knife today. I’ve also attached a picture of some Shuriken I have, which prompted this thread, as my boys wanted to know where I got them.

How about you, what did you do that would raise a few eyebrows today?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB61,

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
1 - Flushing a cherry bomb down a toilet.

2 - Running my GF's panties up the flagpole.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
As to number two, we ran my future SIL’s one piece red flannel pajamas with back flap up the flagpole - I still get in trouble for that one.

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Ehhhh...I did get expelled from one high school after catching a felony at 14.

And if my continued antics had been discovered in my other, I probably would have been expelled from that one too Big Grin

(I did, however, manage to graduate with a 3.9 GPA and as class/student council presidents, so I somehow recovered from my "youthful indiscretion(s)", and became a productive member of society).

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I regularly carried a pocket knife. Not sure if that would get me expelled now but surely in trouble.

I brought a pellet pistol to school once for a prop in a theater class presentation I was doing. It looked like a 1911 and didn’t have any orange tips or anything. Again not sure about expulsion but I’d have dealt with the cops I’m sure.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I smoked cigarettes, weed in the back lot and several times I brought my shotgun and rifle to HS and left it int the car when we went hunting after school...

I’m sure I’d get burned at the stake nowadays...I remember an English teacher bum a smoke from me in the common area when I was a junior.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I didn't get caught, but I'm sure I'd have gotten expelled if I had. We had an upstairs balcony that overlooked part of the library and outside of the library.
A large group of black kids would gather every day under the balcony and eat lunch, talk and generally just hang out. I caught a black snake about 4 feet long, put it in a duffel bag, and threw it into the group at lunch one day. People were threatened right and left to find out who the culprit was, but no one talked.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Let me look for my Senior annual.
I'm guessing that holding a revolver & pointing it at my car in the school parking lot would probably get me in a bit of trouble these days...

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I brought a sword to school for use in a class presentation.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I took Spanish in high school (upper midwest). We had cultural cooking days periodically where the teacher would give us authentic recipes, we would make at home, and bring to class to share. There was a stove and fridge in the back of the classroom for doing this, but I didn't know if there were real knives. Therefore, I brought Mom's big chef's knife to school along with the entree I made the night before.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
“How times have changed.” Sorry, had to.

In the vein of Rogue’s post, I brought a hand-made bow and arrow set I built to demonstrate at “show and tell” in third grade, and launched from the teacher’s desk and hit the middle of the class door about twelve feet away with green willow twigs and twine. Felt alright about it.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
“How times have changed.” Sorry, had to.
^^^
Dang. I was talking to Mrs BB61 and missed that. Thx!

posted Hide Post
In High School Machine Shop I made a few bucks drilling out the barrels of starter pistols so cheap .22short ammo could be fired. As I recall, 15/64 drill was used. Of course it was smooth bore and accuracy was a joke, but it was what the customer wanted.

That was back in 1957.

Today, if caught, I would face jail time.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
North Dakota, 1983 - during hunting season, my friend was going to zero his rifle after school. So, he carried it around all day, and even showed it to several teachers who were interested.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Pocket knife of course. Dipped Copenhagen for 3 years. Freshman hazing was rampant, till I was a junior, it’s all fun and games till someone is tied to a tree overnight.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Well, not in high school, but in elementary school I would draw gory pictures. At a young age I realized the power of the red crayon, and adding some blood would elicit a huge reaction from my fellow classmates. I remember we had to draw snakes once, so I drew one eating a rat, and the rat was fighting back and clawing the snake's eye open. One time we had to design safety posters, so I drew one about bicycle safety with a kid being run over by a car. Everyone would be all, "Oooh, that's sick! Yuck! Gnarly! Cool!" The teacher would roll her eyes.

I suppose now they would've called my parents to class over that. I think it helped that I was a pretty good artist, so my drawings had some artistic merit to them. It wasn't like those horror movie drawings where the disturbed kid draws a bunch of stick figures with sad faces, knives, and red scribbles scrawled all over the place.

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Was on my high school’s rifle team. We had a range in the schools basement, and would hold practice after school. It was common for us to carry our rifles into school in the morning, (some carried theirs on the bus) and store them in our regular lockers. This was in the 70’s.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The worst thing I personally did was ditch PE and hide out in the public library. Roll Eyes (It was a welcome respite, while it lasted.) But knives, particularly Buck 110s, carried folded and in sheaths but openly, were a common sight. Mid 1970s, California.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Graduated in 1986, regularly carried a pocket knife through high school. During dove season we would bring our shotguns to school (leaving them in our vehicle ) and go hunting after school.

Posts: 187 | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
stole Nitric acid from the chemistry lab to make high explosives with....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post