SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Suggestions for minimalist wallet
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for minimalist wallet Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Looking for suggestions for a minimalist wallet. Will be on a cruise in the eastern Mediterranean next month and thinking a low profile, minimalist wallet might be the thing for slipping into a front pocket. I've looked at the Trayvax and wondering if there are other ones out there. So why not ask the all knowing oracle of knowledge that is SigForum.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Maxpedition micro or magpul DAKA

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I switched from a Saddleback to a Flowfold for every day carry several years ago and never looked back. I absolutely love it and won't be switching back to bulky/heavy leather ever again.

https://www.flowfold.com/shop?...nw9tMCFQYwaQod9NkGIA

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Sureshot45 right here on the forum. Here is one he made for me for business cards. It has a scalloped pouch on each side, and a storage section in the middle; effectively it is three pockets in a small package. It would make a fine minimalist wallet. He also has a folding design in his leatherwork thread.

Quality is excellent and pricing is attractive.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
I switched from a Saddleback to a Flowfold ...

Just ordered one!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seamus
posted Hide Post
These are great.

"Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough."

-Mark Twain

Posts: 416 | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
Maybe the Magpul Daka wallets?
https://www.magpul.com/product...aka-essential-wallet

Or maybe the LA or NY-LA Wallets at CountyComm: https://countycomm.com/product...?variant=27429453126

I believe Duluth Trading carries wallets as well.

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1454 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I have a Slimmy View that I have had for a few years. Great front pocket wallet.

https://www.koyono.com/collect...front-pocket-wallets

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Been very happy with my Maxpedition micro for the last 10 yrs.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Here is the wallet I carry. It will hold up to 8 cards and then also has 3 slots for folded bills and other things.

https://www.cuoieriafiorentina...-calf-briefcase.html

Easily carried in a front pocket as long as you aren't wearing tight jeans.

There are Youtube reviews of it.

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I just picked up this nice, inexpensive RFID blocking bifold wallet and like it a lot. Small, well built and the tab is a cool feature. The middle money clip works great - first wallet I've had like this and I'm impressed.

Serman RFID Bifold Wallet

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying this for about 5 years. I doubt I'll ever go back to the back-pocket fold over style. Everything I need is in here. CC, Debit card, med insurance card, extra cc, drivers license, License to carry card and a bit of cash. If I need to carry anything else, it just goes in a pocket.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
A 2-pocket bifold card case for me, every day for the last decade. When my Bosca came apart and was no longer available, I asked Sureshot to build me one. Plus a couple extra.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Big Skinny New York ID Wallet:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...ilpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$15, very slim, holds tons of stuff, and has one pocket with a "window" so you can show your DL without completely removing it from the wallet.

I do not push cash in it. I keep cash separate from my credit cards, ID, etc.

I've been using one for the last 3 years.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I absolutely HATE big folding wallets. I use this one from Herschel supply co. the money clip can hold 15+/- bills. there's slots in the front for three cards, and I keep my company card, ID. insurance card, and LTCF in the pocket in the center. It's the perfect wallet for me, and it fits comfortably in my front pocket.

la-61865531738&gclid=CjwKEAjw6e_IBRDvorfv2Ku79jMSJAAuiv9YhuajtXQcdL9xy6eJNAMWfjE4YI6vf4Uu8yet3_LDfxoCHv3w_wcB" target="_blank">https://shop.herschelsupply.co...8yet3_LDfxoCHv3w_wcB

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
Used one of these for years for front pocket carry...
Money Clamp

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1449 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I use a Slim Clip instead of a wallet. It doesn't get any more minimalist than that, IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/Double-...inless/dp/B01FAXD38M

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
I have a Slimmy View that I have had for a few years. Great front pocket wallet.

https://www.koyono.com/collect...front-pocket-wallets

+100 for the slimmy. I've had one for years now. Mine is the original. It's the best wallet I've ever had.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post