SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Condiment of Choice for Leftover Turkey Sandwiches
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Condiment of Choice for Leftover Turkey Sandwiches Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I voted mayonnaise but I don't know the difference between mayo, salad dressing, and Miracle Whip. Mrs Sigmund buys "Kraft Light Mayo" and oh, baby that's what I like.

I just made up a batch of turkey salad with the Kraft and chopped celery. Delicious straight or on a roll!

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The ship's cook is making turkey gobblers for lunch tomorrow...Yes! Score!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
How's about a delectable cheese sauce ?

Offering up a quintessential deconstructed sandwich: the wonderful Hot Brown !

Toast, the requisite turkey, tomato, bacon, sauce Mornay based cheddar cheese sauce (with a few shots of cayenne pepper sauce) and then under the broiler, until GB&D Big Grin

Personally, the best part of the Thanksgiving turkey is the Hot Brown on the next day Wink

Yes, a staple around here. Of course I live were it was invented, so yeah Hot Brown!

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mayo and Durkee's, salt and pepper, on good white bakery bread, or Italian or French bread. Russian or Thousand Island dressing would be an acceptable second choice. Toasted is good, too. And, well, bacon and lettuce and tomato for a turkey club. And, let's see...

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Mayo and sprinkle on a little celery salt.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Mayo, pepper and a little salt on white bread Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Heat gravy in pan. Add leftover turkey. Have another drink or three to cut the edge on the cold gravy, turkey, and family. Toast some white bread. Spoon gravy and turkey mixture on toasted white bread and enjoy. Continue to add more toasted white bread, spoons of turkey slop, and drinks until all is well.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Usually sandwiches get mustard. But around the holidays, I often substitute cranberry sauce.

Horseradish is also tasty.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Cranberry sauce.

This^^^

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I voted Other, since it varies.

Around midnight last night it was a leftover dinner roll, sliced aged cheddar, black pepper, and horseradish stoneground mustard.

Today, who knows, whatever my mood decides.

But in no case, ever, will it be Miracle Whip. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
I voted mayonnaise but I don't know the difference between mayo, salad dressing, and Miracle Whip. Mrs Sigmund buys "Kraft Light Mayo" and oh, baby that's what I like.

I just made up a batch of turkey salad with the Kraft and chopped celery. Delicious straight or on a roll!
Miracle Whip = Salad Dressing

The differences between Miracle Whip and Mayonnaise:
  • The U.S. Food and Drug Administration requires that anything labeled "mayonnaise" contain a minimum of 65 percent vegetable oil by weight. And though Kraft keeps Miracle Whip’s exact oil content a secret, the company confirms that it is too low to meet the mayo standard.
  • Miracle Whip contains mayo’s key ingredients (egg, soybean oil, vinegar, water), but contains sweeteners and additional spices. Most people speculate that the sweeteners (high-fructose corn syrup and sugar are the fourth and fifth ingredients, respectively) is what drops Miracle Whip below 65% vegetable oil.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of henryaz
    posted Hide Post

For cold turkey sandwiches, just some sliced tomato.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    Durkees!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
    -- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
    -rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    stupid beyond
    all belief
    Picture of Deqlyn
    posted Hide Post
    I dont even bother. I now eat all thxgiving dinners as a sort of a layered casserole

Take ur turkey slice, put stufffing on top of it, put mashed taters on top of that, put canned cranberry sauce on top of that.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    More than a condiment but it's what the bride & I are having tonight.

Recipe of the Week

Turkey Poulet

Prep Time: 30 Minutes
    Yields: 6 Servings

Comment:
    This recipe was originally invented at the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans, currently the Fairmont. Turkey Poulet was on the menu year-round, however legend says that the dish was created to use up the leftover turkey and ham from the holiday buffets. It became one of the most sought-after dishes at the Roosevelt.

Ingredients:
    6 slices white bread, toasted
    12 thin slices turkey breast
    18 strips bacon, cooked crisp
    12 thin slices ham
    ¼ pound butter
    3 tbsps flour
    1 pint half-and-half
    ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
    salt and pepper to taste
    ¾ cup grated mild cheddar

Method:
    On a large cookie sheet, place bread slices, side by side. Top each bread slice with two slices of turkey, 3 strips of bacon and two slices of ham. Cover with clear wrap and set aside. In a heavy bottom saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add green onions and cook for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Add flour to create a white sauce, but do not brown. Add half-and-half and, using a wire whisk, blend until a smooth white sauce is achieved. The sauce should coat the back of a cooking spoon, but not be overly thick. When ready to serve, preheat oven to 375º F. Spoon equal amounts of white sauce over each open-faced sandwich. Sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Any remaining sauce may be served with the sandwiches.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    That rug really tied
    the room together.
    Picture of bubbatime
    posted Hide Post

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Mayo, salt, pepper, and warm the turkey, I prefer dark meat, not as dry as breast meat.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post