SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chuck Barris dies
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chuck Barris dies Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
March 22 (UPI) — Chuck Barris, the host and creator of The Gong Show along with a number of other game shows, has died at the age of 87.

Barris died Monday of natural causes in his home in Palisades, New York according to a representive of his wife, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The game show creator, producer and writer formed Chuck Barris productions in 1965 when he created The Daring Game hosted by Jim Lange. He also launched The Newlywed Game in 1966 hosted by Bob Eubanks before taking over hosting duties himself with The Gong Show which released in 1976.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/...-creator-dead-at-87/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
First Chuck Berry and now Chuck Barris. If your name is Charles B-, I'd stay home this week.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charles Barkley is checking his 6 right now

Posts: 2480 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
So is Cindy Bopper.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
First Chuck Berry and now Chuck Barris. If your name is Charles B-, I'd stay home this week.

Or just hang out in the Emergency Room with your cardiologist and trauma surgeon on speed dial.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of very few shows, that I disliked , very much , but I still had to tune in .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I loved The Gong Show

it was so bad, it was really funny - what a brilliant idea for a show back then

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
One of very few shows, that I disliked , very much , but I still had to tune in .
Ain't nothin' like family, right, bendable? Wink

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
Big Grin

can't bad mouth'em, can't marry 'em , what good are they ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to watch the Gong Show with my father, and re-runs of the newlywed game with my paternal grandmother. She was a game show fanatic.

I cannot remember what channel I was watching but they had re-runs of the Gong Show. Wow.... looking back they were so bad they were hilarious.

They couldn't have anything like that one now because someone would cry.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chuck is now dancin' with Gene, Gene the Dancin' Machine. RIP chuck.
[FLASH_VIDEdO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ACpNVD5GMUw [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if there is any substance to the reporting that he (Chuck Barris) was a hit man for the CIA?
Serious question.

Posts: 590 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:

Loved those guys, RIP.
At least the Unknown Comic is still alive.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone know if there is any substance to the reporting that he (Chuck Barris) was a hit man for the CIA?
Serious question.

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind was a very interesting movie based on that premise.
Was it true? Who knows?

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Or is he?

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Or is he?

Dun ta' dunn ... ♫

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I had a crush on Jaye P. Morgan

ah, the good old days

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Or is he?

It's rumored that he made a tragic attempt to switch to plastic...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I don't post ever again after next week then you'll know my plane went down.

Hopefully there aren't any big Boppers travelling with me.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Murray Langston is still alive.

Though he is bald under that bag now. Big Grin

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post