SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Windows 7 - After Latest Microsoft Update I Can't Connect to the Internet!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Windows 7 - After Latest Microsoft Update I Can't Connect to the Internet! Login/Join 
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Microsoft is trying to force you to Windows 10. They did that to me with Windows XP. I finally had to go to Windows 7 after they destroyed my OS. Now they have tried to mess up my Windows 7 to go to Windows 10 but I have been successful so far by eliminating some softwares that their W-7 updates cause to start interfering with normal operation. Eventually they will force me to Windows 10, but not yet.
Oh, let me mention, that two of my daughters have their masters degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Colo. Univ.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Hey Arlen too bad your kids computer-smarts didn't wear off on you.
XP was SOA (state of the art) 17 years ago, W7 was SOA 10 years ago.
It isn't that MS is trying to FORCE you in to anything ~ it's that they want you buy the latest or use the latest current product.
It is a combination of security, features and yeah it's business.
If you are hanging on to aged hardware then using the latest software/OS may actually NOT be optimal.
So in those cases then hanging on to W7 is wise.
Getting a NEW computer (hardware) and installing W7 because you don't want to learn something new (as minor as it really is) is stupid.
A computer built today vs one of 10 or 15 years ago is a night/day difference (includes hardware and software).
I understand the resistance ~ just don't fully agree with it.
And MS is not offering the free upgrade to W10 anymore so that part is not entirely true.
YMMV

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Live Mail recently stopped working. they announced it months ago. I stopped using IE11 and went to Chrome. MS IE was a pain and clogged and hogged memory.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post