SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The commies have taken over my phone!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The commies have taken over my phone! Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
I noticed this a day or two ago. With whatever the latest dictionary/spelling/word suggesting update my phone got it suggests Trump as the next word after typing the word fuck. I wonder if it's a dig at Trump and my phone manufactures or Android did it on purpose, or is it based on some learned patterns from users. Either way it's offensive. If it auto suggested Obama, I'd say it learned from me, anyone know how the phones suggest the next word?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
What is a phone or any other device doing "auto-suggesting" or "auto-correcting" jack shit? Can't you turn that crap off?

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Auto correct is my worst enema!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
What is a phone or any other device doing "auto-suggesting" or "auto-correcting" jack shit? Can't you turn that crap off?

Because it's a motherfucker to type on those screens, especially if you're like me with big fingers, so you end up spelling words like "ypu" or "abd" or telling folks about how much you "locwd watching astar Eards". And yes, you can turn autocorrect off.

After the latest update, my Galaxy seemed to forget what I had taught it, very annoying, so now I have to retrain it, like a retarded puppy that lives next to my testicles.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy: After the latest update, my Galaxy seemed to forget what I had taught it, very annoying, so now I have to retrain it, like a retarded puppy that lives next to my testicles.

I don't know how or where I'm going to use that quote, but you can bet I'm going to work it into a conversation with my buddies. GEEZ, you are a funny man, ASG! Big Grin

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need to talk to someone about that puppy. If it's real, you have a problem. If it's not.....you have a problem. Big Grin

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:

Because it's a motherfucker to type on those screens, especially if you're like me with big fingers, so you end up spelling words like "ypu" or "abd" or telling folks about how much you "locwd watching astar Eards". And yes, you can turn autocorrect off.

After the latest update, my Galaxy seemed to forget what I had taught it, very annoying, so now I have to retrain it, like a retarded puppy that lives next to my testicles.

ASG you are a freaking poet.

I too have big hands, add to that semi-literate and unable to spell.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
My phone does not do it. I think the suggested text is based on popular usage back at the Google/NSA/Android supercomputer trackin center aka Central Scrutinizer.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Of course, you COULD always just not type "fuck" as often...

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:

Just as bad when you turn it off. Either way you end up spending as much time editing, or more, than what you typed in the first fucking place.

There are times you'll see some old shit you wrote and say WTF? Fucking phone or tablet keyboard is worse than Hitlery falling from the ugly tree and smashing every branch on her way down.

App deez nuts.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I just tried it on my Galaxy and never saw Trump as an option. That is the first time I've used that word in a text, so who knows.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Auto correct is my worst enema!

Well played, old chap. Well played.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post