SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cracked my iPhone 7 screen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cracked my iPhone 7 screen Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
Yep. Fell off of the elliptical and hit just right to crack the screen even though I had a tempered glass protector on it and a hard rubber/plastic case. I'm proud of myself though... I didn't even swear out loud. Smile

I plan on keeping this phone for another year or so unless some killer trade in deals surface, so I took it to the Apple store for repair which they quoted at $140.

Went back this morning to pick it up and they said they couldn't repair it because it failed some electronic tests. But good news, I can pay the $140 and get a brand new iPhone 7 with the same specs (128 GB). This is especially good since I think I might have needed a battery replacement pretty soon as the old one was getting a little flaky. Surprising how fast this new one charges and the charge lasts much longer. I put a better quality tempered glass on it and it looks great.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
That's a heck of a deal getting a brand new phone instead of just a replacement screen.

What brand is the new tempered glass and what brand is the old tempered glass?

I was impressed with the Apple Store when I brought my 6 month old MacBook Pro in after a self-inflected injury. It fell off the table onto ceramic tile floor, and the screen cracked on the opposite side from the physical case damage. They covered it under warranty since it didn't crack near the physical case damage which saved me about $500. Once they replaced the screen, another part didn't pass their testing so they replaced that too for free.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
That's a heck of a deal getting a brand new phone instead of just a replacement screen.

What brand is the new tempered glass and what brand is the old tempered glass?

I don't know what the old protector was, but I got it from Amazon as I recall. A two pack for around $12 - $15. The new one I put on is a Tech21 Evo Glass. About $40 which the T-Mobile guy put on for me and comes with lifetime warranty whatever that means. It's much clearer (looks just like the naked screen) than the cheap-o one I had on before.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post