SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chick-fil-A Caves To The LGBT Thugs
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chick-fil-A Caves To The LGBT Thugs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
They are free to make their own choices who they support. I eat fast food maybe once a month and it is usually CFA. The food is good, the employees are very polite, and it is near my house. This action won't change my opinion of them not will it stop me from patronizing their establishments.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
So, I can for one say in my tiny sample size people I know on facebook. This does not change anything, they are still calling it hate chicken. This move pleases no one. Not sure they were trying to actually please the woke/angry left, if so, mission failed.

There is no pleasing the angry left, don't try it, if you do it's just evidence against you. Tell them politely to fuck off and go to hell, you stand by your policy/beliefs/statements and their whining won't change a damn thing. Push back, don't cave (not just CFA, advice in general to anyone and everyone).

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Skins, CFA has stated that the change was to more clearly focus their giving to local charities, not done to appease the Lefties. I believe them--not that it really matters to me. I eat CFA sandwiches and soup because I like them, not because I like who their owners decide to support with their money. If they were to begin supporting local virilently unChristian groups, I might rethink my stance, but that's not happening.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Skins, CFA has stated that the change was to more clearly focus their giving to local charities, not done to appease the Lefties. I believe them--not that it really matters to me. I eat CFA sandwiches and soup because I like them, not because I like who their owners decide to support with their money. If they were to begin supporting local virilently unChristian groups, I might rethink my stance, but that's not happening.

flashguy

I don't follow who, what, why, when CFA donates to, but if their change is to redirect to local charities, I fully support that. Large charities are bureaucracies like our fed.gov which has so much waste and inefficiency baked into the system you are only giving 50¢ on the dollar to your cause.

Not sure what their plan is, but if it's to allow local franchise owners or managers to direct monies to their local charities I think that is a win. If you give $500 to local church to get Betsy Sue's broken furnace working again $499 of those dollars are going to Betsy Sue's new furnace then someone else in community sees you doing that and will either match it or throw in what they can, because they like Betsy Sue and her pecan pie is the best thing at the church bake sale. Then XYZ local HVAC company gets wind of if, and instead of having enough to put a band-aid on her old furnace they are supplying all labor and at cost equipment and Betsey now has a brand new high efficiency HVAC system installed by people who care about Betsy.

In general charity is best on a local level. The money taken in the process of large bureaucracy make fed.gov or large multi national charities leads to waste.

On a personal level, I much rather give to my neighbors and know I gave 5% of funds to get Betsy her new furnace vs knowing I helped pay some CEO at non-profits salary and those in need of furnaces are only getting 1/2 of my donation.

Drifting a bit here, but I like the idea of them directing local managers/owners to direct money in their community and think it could spur matching contributions.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE Originally posted by flashguy:
If they were to begin supporting local virilently unChristian groups, I might rethink my stance, but that's not happening.

Where is the emoticon of the perplexed guy scratching his head?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Franklin Graham
17 hrs ·
https://www.facebook.com/Frank...hTgcg3tGp_cvWuVYd4eQ

Has Chick-fil-A caved? Some are saying they’ve rolled over, that they’ve conceded to the LGBTQ protests because they released a statement about their charitable giving. They announced that in 2020 they’re giving to fight hunger and homelessness and support education. What’s wrong with that?

I picked up the phone and called Dan Cathy. Dan was very clear that they have not bowed down to anyone’s demands, including the LGBTQ community. They will continue to support whoever they want to support. They haven’t changed who they are or what they believe. Chick-fil-A remains committed to Christian values. Dan Cathy assured me that this isn’t going to change. I hope all those who jumped to the wrong conclusion about them read this.

In my opinion, the gay movement wouldn’t ever be happy with Chick-fil-A unless they were open on Sunday, gave all of their charitable donations to LGBTQ organizations, and flew the rainbow flag over their stores! Their hatred for Chick-fil-A is rooted in founder Truett Cathy’s strong stand for biblical “traditional” values and his desire to honor God.

No fast food chain does a better job. I went through the drive-thru at Chick-fil-A yesterday morning, and I thought I might get dinner there—but a whole lot of other people had the same idea! A Chick-fil-A sandwich with waffle fries sounds really good right now!

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Is this the right place to introduce Chick-Fil-A Prime?

Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/N9xQ8hDuqh0

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
It's seems odd to me that a chicken sandwich company could generate investigation. But nevertheless it has.

Here are some quotes from an examination of what's going on with the foundation:

"Rodney D. Bullard" was selected as the foundation's "Executive Director." Bullard allegedly personally contributed to both the Obama and the Clinton campaigns. . . ..

"Like many corporations, Chick-fil-A branded its charitable giving as a form of social responsibility. Bullard became its Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility. Unlike charity, corporate social responsibility is a leftist endeavor to transform corporations into the political arms of radical causes. Like other formerly conservative corporations, Chick-fil-A had made the fundamental error of adopting the language and the infrastructure of its leftist peers. And that made what happened entirely inevitable." . . ..

"Charity helps people. Corporate social responsibility is virtue signaling by capitalists to anti-capitalists. Unlike charity, corporate social responsibility isn’t about helping people, but ticking off ideological and identity politics boxes like diversity and the environment. If people accidentally get helped in the process of helping a corporation signal its membership in the politically correct creed, that can’t be helped." . . ..

"The $1.7 million that the Westside Future Fund shoveled in last year from the CFA Foundation vastly outpaces the mere $115,000 that the Salvation Army got for its Angel Tree program to provide gifts for poor children during the holidays. But even that low end six figure donation was too much and the gifts had to be snatched away from the kids by leftist pressure groups and identity politics protesters." . . ..

"A less publicized donation of $100,000 went to Sustainable Atlanta. That could have bought a lot of gifts. There was also a $10,000 donation to Saris to Suits whose mission is to "advance women's empowerment, education, gender equality, and social justice." . . ..

" There was $25,000 for UNICEF and $75,000 for the Andrew Young Foundation. That last one isn’t a surprise. Carter’s radical UN ambassador sits on the CFA Foundation’s advisory board. $20,000 went to the Latino Leaders Network, another $20,000 to the Harvard Debate Diversity Network, $45,000 to the King Center for Nonviolent Social Change, and $5,000 was allotted to Friends of Refugees.

The latter boasts of resettling the sort of refugees who would demand that Chick-fil-A go Halal."
. . ..

"And that’s the tip of the iceberg. “Diversity”, “equity”, and “social justice” are typical buzzwords associated with many of the organizations that the Chick-fil-A Foundation had been funding." . . ..

"But most conservatives thought, without investigating, that Chick-fil-A was different. It wasn’t another corporate social behemoth. It didn’t answer to shareholders and stakeholders. It had a biblical vision. And, it was under fire for donating to Christian groups. But even when the CFA Foundation donated to Christian organizations, it was also pouring a lot of money into conventional social justice causes." . . ..

" The controversy and arguments over the donations to organizations like the Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes conveniently distracted from where a lot of the money was going. The Fellowship of Christian Athletes had received a mere $25,000 last year. Far less than the funds that poured into Andrew Young’s non-profit empire. A fig leaf. Now the fig leaf is gone and the reality is that the Chick-fil-A Foundation is just another corporate leftist charity that lavishes cash on organizations linked to local Democrats and assorted diversity causes." . . ..

"Accountability doesn’t just begin with restoring donations to worthy charities like the Salvation Army, but a serious reevaluation of the Chick-fil-A Foundation’s leadership and its overall charitable priorities.

If Chick-fil-A wants to be in the business of corporate social responsibility, rather than charity, it will over time become increasingly hostile to the very customers who made it successful. Corporate social responsibility will take it down the same dark road of virtue signaling and political correctness."
. . ..

"Organizations don’t trend rightward. They trend leftward. Any organization that isn’t closely watched will go the way of the Chick-fil-A Foundation. If this can happen at Chick-fil-A, it can happen anywhere."

My intention in using various quotes from the article is to give a taste of its content because posting the whole thing would be too long. It additionally contains facts and figures of who received what. LINK

Provocative article.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post