SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chick-fil-A Caves To The LGBT Thugs
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chick-fil-A Caves To The LGBT Thugs Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Jeez Louise. It's not like Chick-Fil-A is actively supporting LGBTQ causes. And so fricking what if they did? Their money, they can donate it how they want. Anyone who has a problem with that is anti-American in my book.

If you choose to boycott a business because of who they support, or much worse, who they no longer support, you damn well better be living off the grid. Because there's not a single company, product, singer, actor, etc., that could meet your standard.

Go to Chick-fil-A if you like their sandwiches. It's that simple.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I am going to send a POLITE letter to
That says what? That you oppose a decision they made? Zero effect. No effect whatsoever. None. They'll stop reading your letter after the first sentence or two and they'll politely click their well-mannered delete button.

These are the good guys. They don't need criticism or guidance, polite or not. They're doing fine.

If you guys want perfection you'd better believe in Heaven, because that's the only place perfection exists. Short of perfection, have some waffle fries.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
Go to Chick-fil-A if you like their sandwiches. It's that simple.

It's that simple? Before we were encouraged to patronize them just for standing their ground. This pandering by Chick-fil-A is pathetic.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I humbly suggest that you who think CFA is caving do a simple Google (or Bing, if you prefer) search. Took me all of 30 seconds. Here, I'll save you the trouble. Oh, and this is from March 2019.

Straight from the chicken's beak

Chick-fil-A responds to questions about our 2018 charitable giving

Where did the Foundation donate money in 2018?

Editor's note: Chick-fil-A announced a new focused approach to giving in 2020. Read more about the giving initiatives the Chick-fil-A Foundation has committed to support.

The Chick-fil-A Foundation (the “Foundation”) was created in 2012 to have a positive influence in the communities by donating to programs that support youth, education, and leadership programs nationwide. In 2017, the Foundation donated $9.9 million in charitable contributions, gifts and grants. To view the 2017 Community Affairs & Foundation Stewardship Report, please click here.

Recently, media organizations reported on the Foundation’s 2017 charitable giving, which reported in a way that mischaracterizes the mission of the Foundation. The articles highlight the $1.8 million out of the overall $9.9 million that was donated to three organizations characterized as anti-LGBTQ groups. However, below explains how the Foundation giving acts to ensure that its donations align with programs that benefit youth and education.

Fellowship of Christian Athletes:  In 2017, the Foundation provided $1.6 million to support summer sports camps for inner-city youth. Participating children were not required to be a member of FCA and did not have to sign any FCA pledges.

Salvation Army: In 2017, the Foundation provided approximately $150,000 to support children’s programs in Atlanta, including camps for kids and the Angel Tree. As a result, 11,000 children in need throughout the Atlanta area received gifts during the holiday season.

Paul Anderson Youth Home: In 2017, the Foundation provided approximately $6,000 to support a bike ride fundraiser, operational support, an annual Christmas dinner theatre for local children as well as a technology capital campaign. However, in 2017, a decision was made by the Foundation to no longer donate to the group.
The work of the Foundation is committed to youth and education. The Foundation’s giving helps with economic mobility of young people by focusing on homelessness and poverty, education, and community revitalization, and is done with no political or social agenda. The narrative that our giving was done to support a political or non-inclusive agenda is inaccurate and misleading.

Beyond the three organizations, the Foundation was honored to donate a combined $1.23 million in grants to 22 not-for-profits, located in 18 states throughout the country. The grants were awarded to local organizations focused on fostering leadership and entrepreneurial spirit in children in the local communities were Chick-fil-A restaurants are located. The Foundation donated more than $1.2 million in awards in 2017 as well. Now in its fifth year, the True Inspiration Awards were created to carry on Chick-fil-A Founder S. Truett Cathy’s legacy of generosity, community service and dedication to inspiring children to become future leaders.

In addition to giving to youth and education programs nationwide, the Foundation also gave back in its hometown of Atlanta in 2017 and 2018 – especially to nonprofit organizations serving Atlanta’s Westside.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I humbly suggest that you who think CFA is caving do a simple Google (or Bing, if you prefer) search. Took me all of 30 seconds. Here, I'll save you the trouble. Oh, and this is from March 2019.

Straight from the chicken's beak .

That was March, CFA’s stance has changed since then.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-d...-donating-anti-lgbtq

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
And the left won’t care. Truth isn’t all that big with them. They will continue to boycott and shout that CFA hates gays.
This is what I don't get about this move. Nothing CFA does will ever be good enough for the Left to back off on their rampant hatred of CFA. Giving something to get nothing is not generally viewed as a smart move.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Cya CFA.
There's nothing like overreacting, is there? These are the good guys but you're gonna bail on them the first time they do something you don't agree with? That's ridiculous. Do you show loyalty to your friends, or do you turn your back on them the first time things aren't perfect?

Well said.

We're in a war for the character of our nation, and throwing our best friends and allies under the bus for a misstep is helping the GDC's/LGBTAXYZ's to win.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at CFA once today, and will be there at least once, probably more, tomorrow and everyday thereafter (except Sunday). I like the people who work there, I like the food and I like the service. In fact, I like pretty much every thing about them.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Really just shows the primacy of capitalism: make money

Their new choices just seem to be a loss for freedom of speech, free exercise of religion and freedom to resist political correctness.

It's not as though the company was started as a ministry; it was started to sell good sandwiches for money - as many as possible.

Maybe the owners will make up the losses to the groups in another way. The foundation is just one avenue.

I guess that feels like a cave but maybe it's just capitalists acting like capitalists.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Cancel culture is pointless...

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Who the hell are we to tell a private.company who they have to donate to? They dont tell me who I can send money to. I like their food. I will still eat there.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Who the hell are we to tell a private.company who they have to donate to? They dont tell me who I can send money to. I like their food. I will still eat there.

This. Exactly.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
LOL @Smudge, even Keanu is sad.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Cya CFA.
There's nothing like overreacting, is there? These are the good guys but you're gonna bail on them the first time they do something you don't agree with? That's ridiculous. Do you show loyalty to your friends, or do you turn your back on them the first time things aren't perfect?

Well said.

We're in a war for the character of our nation, and throwing our best friends and allies under the bus for a misstep is helping the GDC's/LGBTAXYZ's to win.

How about them throwing the 2 organizations they have been donating to all this time under the bus just to pacify the militant GDCs? As said above, before, we cheered them for standing their ground. Now, they cave, and it's ok, don't worry about it, move along? If they don't stand for something, they stand for nothing. All they do is just sticking their finger up to see which way the wind blows, and they follow it.

quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Nobody is telling them "they have to donate" what and where. Free country. They can even donate to the GDCs, if they want. And, the consumers can decide for themselves if they want to patronize their business.

Q

Posts: 26350 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
So now we're mad at Jesus Sandwich?

Listen, I don't give two shits who they donate their money to or don't donate to, Nazis for a Jew Free America, Sex Changes for Tots, Octogenarians for Recreational Cocaine, whatever, as long as it's not the filthy Dutch, and they keep making them yummy spicy chicken biscuits, I'll keep throwing them money.

Honestly, if this causes you to rethink your lunch plans tomorrow, you're probably a snowflake.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Sucks that they gave in for essentially doing nothing wrong other than supporting charities that happen to be Christian based.

In the end I don't care, I will still eat there the same frequency I have been. Plus the one up the street has never sold me improperly cooked fries, and that says everything to me.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I figured it might be in preparation to one day go public with the company, but then I saw this:

https://amp.businessinsider.co...ver-go-public-2016-1

“Before Truett Cathy, the chicken chain's founder and longtime CEO, died in 2014, he reportedly set up a contract with his children that said they may sell the privately owned chain in the future - but it could never go public.”

Awesome mission statement...ballsy in this society: " To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us. To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A."

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
It's chicken folks, eat it or don't.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to get wound up about it; they obviously give more to charities that I'll ever be able to. They gave more to the charities that they discontinued to support than I'll ever be able to. Their money, their choice. I'm happy they considered those charities worthy at that time, they may indeed be on the 'cycle' for donations in the future. Each company generally gives set amount annually, if it's your turn, great, if not a lesson in patience is likely in order. If I really got all that concerned, I'd open my own wallet and give some to FCA and Salvation Army, etc. I may indeed do just that. Thanks CFA, for taking up the slack up until now. In the mean time, I'll keep eating their chicken
s.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Up until now, Chick-fil-A had no political agenda whatsoever, they simply sold chicken and adhered to Christian values.With this decision, they have for the first time adopted a political agenda, and have moved outside of Christian values. They are no longer unique and it’s a real shame that they caved.

Posts: 518 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post