SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chick-fil-A Caves To The LGBT Thugs
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chick-fil-A Caves To The LGBT Thugs Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn near 100% just wants chicken sandwiches.

you folks with a choice have got an advantage; my closest CFA is a half day ride away, so whatever the reality of their policy may be, it won't change the frequency of my choice for chicken.

I've had CFA orders only 3 times over the last 5 years. Certainly a step up from any other chicken place I've ever sampled.

Maybe I can get Amazon prime or Lyft to deliver me an order while I check out the Schiff Inquisition Channels...

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, some of the folks on Fox seem upset about this, but I was just at my close-by CFA for the second time today.

I asked the gal at the drive-thru window if anyone had said anything about this allegedly earth shattering event. She said she hadn't seen the news, but I was the first one to mention it and she'd been there all day.

Hmmmmm, maybe it's not such a big deal after all.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I guess I missed it where CFA said they were caving to the demands of the letter protected class.

I do see an article titled by the author that they caved but it seems to me that is his opinion...

I'm not sure why everyone here thinks they know why they've changed. These things take a fair amount of time to plan out. It sounds like the agreement that they were working under came to the end and they implemented a new agreement with different partners. I'm waiting for why I'm supposed to be outraged.

If a member of the Cathy family goes on the record and says they caved, then I will be disappointed but I'm not going to throw the baby out with the wash...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
I did find it entertaining when LGBT groups tried to ban them and they ended up having record sales. So I am not sure why they made this recent marketing decision. Time will tell.

It couldn’t possibly be that the CFA Foundation made a decision to focus their giving differently to better achieve their goals and the Fake News Ftards, aka the Outrage Press, spun a story mischaracterizing the change in direction as caving to the LGTBQXYZ crowd when in fact the CDA Foundation never even considered the LGBTQXYZ response in making the decision?

Nah, those lying sphincters who lie like a rug about everything else just either a) generate drama, b) push their lefty agenda, or better yet (in their minds), c) both of the above would never have done that. Roll Eyes

Get excited by the lying sack of fecal material media if that is your thing. Just don’t expect me to join you.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My read on all of this is that CFA simply changed its donation protocol from multi-year contracts to basically having more short term commitments to orgs they support. Who knows, The Salvation Army might be included in the future. They haven't stated that they will donate or support leftist orgs that coddle to homosexuals or guys pretending to be gals.

We're finding about all of this from the media, who seem to be pushing the LGBT angle of this "story". If they start throwing money at Pinky's Tranny Shoe Store, or any other leftist org, that is a different situation. I'm going to give CFA the benefit of the doubt and still patronize their business.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
We're finding about all of this from the media, who seem to be pushing the LGBT angle of this "story".

Exactly what it is all about.
The media (both sides) trying to rile up everybody for ratings.
Nothing really to the story at all.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
As predicted it's not enough for the gay mafia.

GLAAD: Chick-Fil-A Cave Not Enough, Must Disavow Itself

One of the nation’s largest gay advocacy organizations is greeting Chick-Fil-A’s divestment from Christian charities like the Salvation Army with tepid praise and further demands, including an “unequivocal” denunciation of the brand’s history and values.
GLAAD (whose name is an acronym for its former title, “Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation”) demanded “safe workplaces for LGBTQ employees” and an apparent denunciation of the Christian ministry Focus on the Family, responding to Chick-Fil-A’s decision to stop donating to the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program for needy children and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, which serves historically black colleges and universities (HCBUs).

The full statement from Drew Anderson, GLAAD’s director of campaigns and rapid response, names more steps the fast-food chain must take to prove its genuine repentance:

If Chick-Fil-A is serious about their pledge to stop holding hands with divisive anti-LGBTQ activists, then further transparency is needed regarding their deep ties to organizations like Focus on the Family, which exist purely to harm LGBTQ people and families.

Chick-Fil-A investors, employees, and customers can greet today’s announcement with cautious optimism, but should remember that similar press statements were previously proven to be empty.

In addition to refraining from financially supporting anti-LGBTQ organizations, Chick-Fil-A still lacks policies to ensure safe workplaces for LGBTQ employees and should unequivocally speak out against the anti-LGBTQ reputation that their brand represents.

The Salvation Army expressed dismay Monday afternoon, calling LGBT advocates’ allegations “ill-informed” about the organization’s actual stance:

“We’re saddened to learn that a corporate partner has felt it necessary to divert funding to other hunger, education and homelessness organizations — areas in which The Salvation Army, as the largest social services provider in the world, is already fully committed,” the organization said in a statement Monday afternoon.

The Salvation Army said that it serves more than 23 million individuals a year, including those in the queer community. The group said that it believes it is “the largest provider of poverty relief to the LGBTQ+ population.”

“When misinformation is perpetuated without fact, our ability to serve those in need, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or any other factor, is at risk. We urge the public to seek the truth before rushing to ill-informed judgment.”

The move also sparked backlash from conservatives, who characterized the decision as a “cave” rather than a prudent olive branch. Christian satire site The Babylon Bee mocked the company’s management with a tongue-in-cheek post titled “Chick-Fil-A Trades Adoring Christian Fans For Outraged Mob That Won’t Be Appeased Until Their Every Demand Is Met.”

“Chick-fil-A has sacrificed its Christian fans in favor of an outraged mob that will stop at nothing to destroy them,” the parody article reads. “[CEO Dan] Cathy said the Christian fans have been great, but it’s boring just having loyal fans who support you through thick and thin, and he’d much rather have fans who stage die-ins and cancel you when you don’t cave in.”

The reference to “die-ins” recalls recent protests against the company as it opens international locations. A grand opening in Toronto, Canada, was met by activists who lay down in front of the store’s entrance — possibly in sincere belief of an online hoax claiming Chick-fil-A backed a Ugandan bill that would punish homosexual sex acts with execution.

Last month, Chick-fil-A unsuccessfully tried to open its first location in the United Kingdom. After a pressure campaign from left-wing activists and lawmakers, in a campaign dubbed “Get the Cluck Out,” the Reading, England, shopping center that hosted this Chick-fil-A store announced it would not renew its six-month lease with the chain.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...19&utm_content=Final

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ain't gonna happen

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
demanded “safe workplaces for LGBTQ employees”

I'm sure the lady manager I mentioned on the previous page would raise an eyebrow and have a hearty laugh at that. She never gave me the impression that she felt unsafe in her work environment. She never gave me anything other than the impression that she really enjoyed her job and making people smile.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
GLAAD: Chick-Fil-A Cave Not Enough, Must Disavow Itself

Here is where the alphabet people are going to find a little disappointment. CFA didn’t suddenly change their moral structure, only how they decided to donate money. I’m guessing they’ll have a much more polite version of “pound sand” for them.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They won't stop until CFA is destroyed completely. Their board is either complacent or just truly naive.

It's high time to end ANY civility toward leftists.

Chic-Fil-A should have just made a public announcement on live television.

FUCK OFF we donate to who we want.

You give a leftist an inch, they will demand it all.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
This right here from Mars is the underlying reason to be pissed off about this. I honestly don’t give a rip where CFA puts its money, but for a company to espouse Christian values and then allow a non-Christian group (which is an EXTREMELY minute construct of our population) to “make” them stop giving to a faith-based organization tells me a lot about CFA’s leaders’ character. To boot, it goes right along with EVERY other Conservative vs. Liberal (Militant Leftists, in this case) comparison of many things, i.e.:

If a Conservative doesn't want to contribute to a Faith-Based Organization, he doesn't.
If a Militant Leftist doesn't want to contribute to a Faith-Based Organization, he wants there to be legislation to shut down ALL Faith-Based Organizations.

These are the principles on which the looming "Civil War" are founded. The Leftists are chipping away slowly and ever so slowly at our individual Liberties and Freedoms...characteristics chartered into this great nation and upon which it was founded and maintained for over 200 years with the blood of my ancestors and friends. Ceding them to what they envision as a tyrannical government. What these assholes don't understand, though, is that their utopian tyrannical government will throw them in the fire along with everyone else faster than they can say "HETEROSEXUAL".

I think both my signature tags say it all, ESPECIALLY MAJ Winters...“gotta be a leader on the tough ones, too”. Wulp...CFA got into a tough one and just proved to me their leadership is weak. JMHO, and that and $2.65 will get you a Grande coffee at Threebucks.

I wish I had had time to listen longer (just caught about 10 minutes), but Prager was ripping CFA a new one yesterday for abandoning the Salvation Army. I think he had a compelling argument...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Great food, great staff, great service.

My biggest complaint? Inflation. The spicy chicken sandwich has been $3.85 at the Apopka FL location for as long as I can remember. Earlier this week, I stopped to pick up my usual take-home order: two spicy chicken sandwiches and one small mac & cheese (my wife likes that, I don't). The $3.85 sandwich is now $4.19, and the formerly $2.49 small mac & cheese is now $3.19.

Other gripes: Good Things that have been removed from the menu. Spicy chicken breakfast biscuit. Cinnamon rolls. Cole slaw. I think that someone at the Chick-Fil-A mother ship is monitoring computer records and saying, "Hmmm . . . V-Tail buys this stuff a couple of times a week, so let's remove it from the menu." Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Other gripes: Good Things that have been removed from the menu.

I think I'm more annoyed with this than their recent donation decisions. Getting rid of their chicken salad sandwich and cole slaw was near unforgivable.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I don’t think this will be enough. The gay alphabet mafia is still going to actively protest them.

They were fools for even venturing down the path of appeasing idiots.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Chick-Fil-A is serious about their pledge to stop holding hands with divisive anti-LGBTQ activists, then further ... yada yada yada.

This is what many in this thread predicted, and GLADD will be just the beginning. What do leftists do when you try to appease them? They attack you twice as much, twice as hard, smelling weakness.

CFA's donation decisions might not be such a big deal in itself, but they opened a door that should have remained firmly shut.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I don’t think this will be enough. The gay alphabet mafia is still going to actively protest them.

They were fools for even venturing down the path of appeasing idiots.

I tend to agree. People who have very mild opinions about CFA being anti-gay won't give a damn about CFA's latest change in donation strategies, and it won't make any difference in whether they choose to eat there or not.

The militant LGBT crowd however, will never be happy unless CFA goes all-in as a rainbow flag-waving LGBT ally. I've debated w/ these types before, and they will never let the past go. CFA was guilty of donating to some pretty questionable organizations several years ago... namely 'pray the gay away' gay conversion camps. CFA stopped donating to them, which a lot of people consider a win.

My point is, the militant LGBT types won't let it go and will constantly bring up organizations CFA used to donate to. They're like old guys who refuse to buy a German or Japanese brand car because of WWII, nevermind that German car is made in Mexico, or that Japanese car is made in USA.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Well the Rainbow Bullies still won't buy there, so what was their reasoning?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Other gripes: Good Things that have been removed from the menu.

I think I'm more annoyed with this than their recent donation decisions. Getting rid of their chicken salad sandwich and cole slaw was near unforgivable.
Doesn't affect me--I only order the sandwich (without pickles--hate dill) and the chicken noodle soup. Not even a fan of the waffle fries (which I definitely do not need to eat).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
demand

I learned sometime around the age of 5 that demanding something was just about the quickest way to not get it. There's value in that....

quote:
My biggest complaint? Inflation.

Just for "big picture," could it be that the inflation came by way of changes in your town/county sales/restaurant taxes? I'm not trying to be argumentative -- it's just that I've seen this before in other environments. The price of the goods remained the same, but the localities wanted a bigger piece of the pie.

quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
It's high time to end ANY civility toward leftists.

Lately I think the extent of my civility toward the leftists I see routinely is simply refraining from speaking to them. So far, it works. "Don't engage, don't end up in HR." Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post