SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chick-fil-A Caves To The LGBT Thugs
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chick-fil-A Caves To The LGBT Thugs Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Oh FFS! I think this may backfire on them big time as they turn their back on the majority of their customers to be Woke and chase the 1% or so of the LGBT population. Roll Eyes

No more donations to the “hateful” Salvation Army and others:

Chick-fil-A is ending donations criticized by LGBTQ activists after years of backlash

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
C'mon CFA, sad. These are christian groups not anti-gay groups. Would the Salvation Army not help someone because they were gay?

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and The Salvation Army don't make the cut I can't think of who could. You don't get much more solid than either of those groups they have great reputations. Bad move by CFA. If they couldn't stand behind either of these they have been baited into standing behind nothing.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think CFA is about to bring a shitstorm down on them from their loyal customers.

Seems like a real bitch move and they don’t seem to understand that the LGBT thugs will NOT be placated until THEY are able to dictate to CFA what they are permitted to donate to.

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
The last business I would have thought to have done this. I've been staying away just because it is a little expensive for what I normally order, but now I will do a soft boycott. Really sad!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1169 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
And the left won’t care. Truth isn’t all that big with them. They will continue to boycott and shout that CFA hates gays.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15253 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Cya CFA.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3967 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
No doubt the Left will love them now Roll Eyes

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The vast, overwhelming majority of CFA customers don't care much one way or the other about who CFA supports. Damn near 100% just wants chicken sandwiches.

There will be a few percent who are upset by CFA making those donations, and there are going to be a few who are upset when they stop. But those groups are probably offsetting, and are a tiny fraction of sales.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that this will have a significant effect on CFA's sales. Only the tiny margin of customers even knows about this issue.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Cya CFA.
There's nothing like overreacting, is there? These are the good guys but you're gonna bail on them the first time they do something you don't agree with? That's ridiculous. Do you show loyalty to your friends, or do you turn your back on them the first time things aren't perfect?

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
If I was famous and stopped drinking soda to lose weight, the media would authoritatively declare I was protesting the soda tax, and must hate the school programs said tax supports.

No matter what you do, the media can make it into a "story". Roll Eyes

A friend from high school made it to top muckity-muck of a major newspaper. I stopped hanging out with him a while back. Every conversation turned into an expose. Of course, driving to Florida to buy a nice M1A made me a "gunrunner" according to him, which was kind of cool. Smile

"We made multiyear commitments to both organizations, and we fulfilled those obligations in 2018. Moving forward you will see that the Chick-fil-A Foundation will support the three specific initiatives of homelessness, hunger and education," a Chick-fil-A representative said in a statement to Business Insider.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
will support the three specific initiatives of homelessness, hunger and education

OK, but in Biloxi after Katrina I saw the Salvation Army feeding a lot of hungry, homeless people.

Posts: 18056 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They did this because a vocal, tiny, minority bullied them. Its time that those who don't agree with their new "woke" policy let them know.

I sent them a message letting them know that a 40 plus year customer has bought his last Chic Fil A sandwich. I believe there is a much greater number of people who disapprove of their new policy than their previous one and it is time that we let them know.

I buy food to eat, not to support political/social causes. IF they feel the need to change from food service to politics then they can do it without me.

Posts: 230 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sad.

Q

Posts: 26373 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I do hate to hear that they caved.

That said, I will still eat their chicken sandwiches, because:
1) they're delicious, and
2) I don't have over an hour to wait at Popeye's for a sandwich and fight show. Wink

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To my knowledge, they dont do business in the Yoop. I had hoped they would open a restaurant up here.
I sent them an e-mail to express my support of the Salvation Army. They are feeding more Yoopers than Chick Fil-A.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Wife and I had lunch Saturday at the CFA in Henderson NC and it did not appear their was a lack of patrons. I will add that the service and food was very good as usual.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I am going to send a POLITE letter to

Mr. Dan T. Cathy
President, CEO
Chick-Fil-A
5200 Buffington Rd
Atlanta GA 30349-2945

Phone: (404) 765-8038

FAX: (404-765-8012

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I am going to send a POLITE letter to

Mr. Dan T. Cathy
President, CEO
Chick-Fil-A
5200 Buffington Rd
Atlanta GA 30349-2945

Phone: (404) 765-8038

FAX: (404-765-8012

This is the correct course of action. We don't shoot our wounded, we do our best to bring them back to health.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post