SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have just been informed by my wife...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have just been informed by my wife... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Get drunk and black out.

We're Mormons. No alcohol in the house Big Grin

It's getting late in the month, perhaps get out and get your home teaching done! Surprise your elder quorum president with 100% visits!

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pick up your tablet and browse gun forums

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
Pick up your tablet and browse gun forums

There are other gun forums?

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
I have never and will never understand musicals. Even as a little kid - I'd be watching the flick, and suddenly, out of no where, everybody turns gay and starts singin' and dancin'. I would think to myself, "WTF?!" as I got up and walked over to the set to turn the channel.

This is me - I've only seen one musical. Never even seen Grease or Sound of Music - nothing until a few years ago coffeeaddict picked the movie on dinner/movie date night. Out of the Woods or Into the Woods, said it was a non animated Grimm's Fairy Tale. I said 'whatever' and we sit down and the first scene this dude is prancing around a cabin singing...

I look over at coffeeaddict:

I fell asleep at some point and daydreamed for 2 hours. It was torture...I still give her a hard time about it and laugh to this day Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is me - I've only seen one musical.

It is an older movie, but you should check out the Blues Brothers. great musical and the best movie ever made.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Rent "Range 15" for your next movie night as revenge.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
It won the Oscar!

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brother 4X5, do this. Call your Home Teaching companion and ask him to say that you have to go and give an elderly person a Priesthood Blessing, and you will be gone for a while!!!! Smile
Trust me, I have used this excuse to get out of some situations!!!!
-Sid

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Mrs. DF made me watch Mama Mia with her in the theatre. She convinced me that I'd like it. I slept through most of it. As we were leaving I told her I'm never doing that again. So far so good.

I fell asleep while watching Wicked with Mrs. BB61. I am still in trouble with both her and our girls - and the girls weren't even there. Mrs. DF is much more forgiving it seems.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Mrs. DF made me watch Mama Mia with her in the theatre. She convinced me that I'd like it. I slept through most of it. As we were leaving I told her I'm never doing that again. So far so good.

I fell asleep while watching Wicked with Mrs. BB61. I am still in trouble with both her and our girls - and the girls weren't even there. Mrs. DF is much more forgiving it seems.

My wife accompanied me to a conference in Las Vegas last month, and before I knew what hit me, I was sitting in the Flamingo theater watching the Donny and Marie Show with her. I think I've paid my dues Big Grin

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Surprise her and add Mostly Martha (2001) to the queue.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Compromise and watch Mamma Mia instead.

You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

As soon as you've hit your limit, lean over and wispier that you want ice cream and ask if she would like a bowl too.

Get up, walk through the kitchen leaving your cell phone on the counter and out to your car without her hearing the door open or close.

Drive to Leatherby's Family Creamery (www.Leatherbys.com) located at
1872 West 5400 South
Taylorsville, UT

Mon to Thurs they close at 11pm
Fri & Sat they close at Midnight

Now you need to be careful because your drive from Lehi is only about 25 minutes each way. So take your time when you order and drive home really slow so you don't spill your wife's ice cream.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Try "Moulin Rouge." Also a good movie musical.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Leatherby's has had a Draper location for a few years now, but I don't think that will help 4x5.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Solidarity brother! I am in. I rented it too and will be watching it as a sign of support.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Team America is a musical.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Of course this is insanity. We don't watch many movies due to our differing tastes. I just assume the OP is younger and hasn't reached his limit. Yet. I'm still learning how to dig my heels in and just refuse. Last month we had a grand son's 18th Bday. His 17th was at a main stream place that while not particularly ritzy, wasn't bad. This year I learned a lesson. Not to trust others selections. He picked a place called the Iron Chef.

It was a Japanese style place (I assume) and had the head Hari-kari guy banging knives and throwing food all over. And I was a good boy. I stayed. But I'll never agree to another such fiasco again. Just like wife selected movies, I don't have any intentions of widening my perspective on anything. Least of all places I eat.

At some point its better to be thought of as an asshole but stay home. If the torture will be in my living room, I'll go to the basement, garage, or outside. I don't have a bar I consider "mine", and I feel that's a defect in my personality. Guess I need to go drinking once in a while.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Paint Your Wagon.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:

My wife accompanied me to a conference in Las Vegas last month, and before I knew what hit me, I was sitting in the Flamingo theater watching the Donny and Marie Show with her. I think I've paid my dues Big Grin

Oh, cool.
Had Marie just gained or lost 50 lbs?

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post