SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have just been informed by my wife...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have just been informed by my wife... Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Get drunk and black out.

We're Mormons. No alcohol in the house Big Grin

How about cough syrup?

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Try this aptly named product.

Smile

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
My gf has sat through my guy movies, the least I can do is sit through the occasional chic flick. La La Land is actually a pretty good movie, give it a chance.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Get drunk and black out.

Start

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Don't worry. It'll turn out to be Moonlight.

Or Bonnie and Clyde.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4786 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
paraphrasing here
what time is it when the spouse demands you to watch a horse shit movie?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Get drunk and black out.

So drink in the yard.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31429 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I hated the musical parts but I liked the plot and I thought the ending was well done. If nothing else, Emma Stone should get you through it easily.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Buttered popcorn with salt. Hold her hand. Ye shall reap what you sow. Wink

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post

Smile

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't get offended when my wife isn't interested in something I want to watch and vise versa.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am pleading with you, my Sigforum brothers and sisters...help me!

Take one for the team!

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Mrs. DF made me watch Mama Mia with her in the theatre. She convinced me that I'd like it. I slept through most of it. As we were leaving I told her I'm never doing that again. So far so good.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
My wife stopped a long time ago trying to force me to watch a movie which I'm really not into or simply won't enjoy.

Yup. Tho, in the spirit of fairness, because she sits through some stuff with me that's not her favourite, I'll bear some of it.

She has successfully gotten me to like Father Brown, Doc Martin and Murdoch Mysteries Smile

I draw the line at things like Call the Midwife, tho, and she knows it. And there was no way she was gettin' me hooked on Downton Abbey.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Saw it at the theater with the missus. It actually is pretty decent, and I don't generally care for musicals or romance stories. It's way classier than most of the garbage coming out of Hollywood anymore.

That says a lot. To the OP, watch it, and use it for leverage.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
I heard it has some good cinematic shots of LA, lighting and landscape wise so I will probably watch it for that.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Get drunk and black out.

go out and 'stray' a 'wee bit'

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Get drunk and black out.

100 percent Mormon?

maybe there's a long, lost relative who wasn't a Mormon and whom you can take after for three or four hours? Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Get drunk and black out.

You still have time to convert!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I have never and will never understand musicals. Even as a little kid - I'd be watching the flick, and suddenly, out of no where, everybody turns gay and starts singin' and dancin'. I would think to myself, "WTF?!" as I got up and walked over to the set to turn the channel.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post