SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Starbucks CEO: We're going to hire 10,000 refugees...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Starbucks CEO: We're going to hire 10,000 refugees... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I drink a lot from Starbucks. Enough that the one nearest my office, and the one in town both know me by name and many times have made my order before I get to the front of the line. I was proud they stayed out of the 2A issue, and really I don't have a problem with this either so long as the people they hire have the appropriate work authorizations wherever they reside.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Asshole panders to the criminals that bust out the windows of his store. Good luck with that.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Witless, scum sucking anti-gun oinker, that Schultz. I'm about as noncommittal and fair-weather as it comes when it comes to interest in professional sports, but even I recognize a walking cancer to a community when I see it. Sold out his adopted 'home town'--not sure who adopted who...he's just another cluster fuck immigrant to my home state--when he cried 'uncle' and sold the area's long-standing sports team to owners intent on moving it someplace else. But of course most of this area is inundated with people who were born elsewhere, and who love to get their caffeine jitters mended and their wallets lightened by his vile brews, so complaints about this shyster were conspicuously absent and in their silence drowned out any and all rage against this clown.

Take your thousands of unwashed immigrants elsewhere, you dirtbag, gun-hating 'refugee' from NYC.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Starbucks CEO: We're going to hire 10,000 refugees...

Shareholders: "We're going to hire a new CEO."

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20317 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
......For those familiar with army coffee brewed in the field, we know about it. For those who do not, It is brewed in a 30(?) gallon kettle, over a gasoline burner.....

Just don't take a ladle and stir the kettle, putting grounds in everyones cup. I saw a KATUSA (South Korean) do that and he got his ass handed to him.

True enough. But adding a little cold water will settle the grounds.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Witless, scum sucking anti-gun oinker, that Schultz. I'm about as noncommittal and fair-weather as it comes when it comes to interest in professional sports, but even I recognize a walking cancer to a community when I see it. Sold out his adopted 'home town'--not sure who adopted who...he's just another cluster fuck immigrant to my home state--when he cried 'uncle' and sold the area's long-standing sports team to owners intent on moving it someplace else. But of course most of this area is inundated with people who were born elsewhere, and who love to get their caffeine jitters mended and their wallets lightened by his vile brews, so complaints about this shyster were conspicuously absent and in their silence drowned out any and all rage against this clown.

Take your thousands of unwashed immigrants elsewhere, you dirtbag, gun-hating 'refugee' from NYC.

Wow. Guess you got an opinion then! Big Grin

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee, isn't Starbucks nice!

This shows how liberals really think. They would rather prove they are "nice" to the Islamic world than actually hire or do anything to benefit legal American citizens.
No matter how you look at it, 10,000 jobs to refugees is 10,000 jobs NOT being filled by legal American citizens.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Or maybe they won't be doing so much hiring going forward:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ro...at-cafe-x-1485781201

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
Gee, isn't Starbucks nice!

This shows how liberals really think. They would rather prove they are "nice" to the Islamic world than actually hire or do anything to benefit legal American citizens.
No matter how you look at it, 10,000 jobs to refugees is 10,000 jobs NOT being filled by legal American citizens.

Well it's 10k jobs across 75 countries, sooo...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Here's a thought..... Stop drinking coffee! Never did start. Big Grin

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
Here's a thought..... Stop drinking coffee!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
McDonald's coffee is better, cheaper, and available at the drive-thru. Plus, their oatmeal cookies rock.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

So...you're saying you like him?

Big Grin

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Just adds to the 10K that already work there.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Starbucks is actually very good coffee.

So you prefer chronically over-roasted coffee, and consider it very good?

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
It's comments like that that make me believe that those who are saying Starbucks is crap coffee haven't actually had one of their coffees, at least not in years.

I was thinking the same thing about you.

Smile

We're talking about the same place, right? Starbucks? Green logo, clear plastic cups?

You do have a French wife, right? You've been there a bunch of times, right?

And Starbucks is still "very good" coffee? Does your wife agree?

It's almost like your trolling us for fun.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Or maybe they won't be doing so much hiring going forward:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ro...at-cafe-x-1485781201

Robot Baristas Serve Up the Future of Coffee at Cafe X
Automation is eliminating jobs for factory workers and Uber drivers—will your morning fix soon come from a precision caffeine machine?

I'm still more likely to push the buttons on my own coffee machine... but sure, why not?

If I'm out and about and a machine is cheaper and more convenient who needs the liberal barista sporting a hip mustache making small talk?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24045 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
This is crazy. Some of you insist on running this thread off the rails.

Some people like Starbucks and some don't. That's it. Arguing over the taste of the coffee is retarded. I thought the OP was discussing the politics of Howard Schultz.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
This is crazy. Some of you insist on running this thread off the rails.

Some people like Starbucks and some don't. That's it. Arguing over the taste of the coffee is retarded. I thought the OP was discussing the politics of Howard Schultz.

Its what we Americans do, have a cuppa joe and talk politics....

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
Here's a thought..... Stop drinking coffee! Never did start. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
McDonald's coffee is better, cheaper, and available at the drive-thru. Plus, their oatmeal cookies rock.

I agree, or Dunkin Donuts coffee and a donut.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6483 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post