SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jumpy Screen Since iOS Upgrade
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jumpy Screen Since iOS Upgrade Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My sons Mini-4 was jumpy when I used it yesterday. I have no clue how to fix it.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I was trying to convey that his particular phone may have just been used to the point where the hardware might be at a point ...

Solid state hardware doesn't get "worn." It fails. It can become intermittent. But it doesn't get "old, tired and slow."

What about when the blue smoke gets out?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I was trying to convey that his particular phone may have just been used to the point where the hardware might be at a point ...

Solid state hardware doesn't get "worn." It fails. It can become intermittent. But it doesn't get "old, tired and slow."

What about when the blue smoke gets out?

A substance trapped inside IC packages that enables them to function (also called blue smoke; this is similar to the archaic phlogiston hypothesis about combustion). Its existence is demonstrated by what happens when a chip burns up — the magic smoke gets let out, so it doesn't work any more.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post