SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cabela's in Gainesville, VA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabela's in Gainesville, VA Login/Join 
Picture of PowerBook
posted
The opening is almost here.

The opening day March 9th.

Cabela's Site

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Grand Opening is on my GF's birthday. Wonder if I can convince her to stand in line with me for a chance at a shotgun and $500 Gift Certificate for Bday?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Wish I could go next weekend. Oh well, I'll be home soon enough. NoVa needs a gunstore that isn't tacti-cool oriented.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Let us hope it's bigger than the one in Short Pump.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I'll be in Bristow visiting the children so I may stop in.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
Let us hope it's bigger than the one in Short Pump.

To my untrained eye, it looks roughly comparable in size from the outside. The grand opening for this store is going to be pretty spectacular I bet! Turnout will be huge.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I was at the Shortpump Grand opening. If this one works the same way get there early and you'll need to get a ticket to get one of the gift cards or to be entered for the good giveaways.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are a Cabela's Club member there is an "exclusive preview" on March 8.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope to make it there on either this Friday or Saturday.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MagnumU:
If you are a Cabela's Club member there is an "exclusive preview" on March 8.

How do we get in on this??????

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
Our Boy Scout Troop will be there for the Grand Opening Saturday.

Stop by the Vendor area and say HI!

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerBook:
Our Boy Scout Troop will be there for the Grand Opening Saturday.

Stop by the Vendor area and say HI!

I will try to.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The opening is almost here.

The opening day March 9th.

Cabela's Site

If it is anything like the one they opened in Richmond, I wouldn't get too excited .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I drove by today...it was a mad house

I stopped and spoke with a PWCPD officer...she said the main parking lot had reached capacity the night before and that they had opened the parking lots at nearby jiffy lube live (for those not in the area, it's a large outdoor concert venue) and were busing people over from there

The line to get in the front door went all the way down the main parking lot, across the adjacent train tracks, and back towards the underpasses of the 29/66...for those unable to picture the area that's easily over half a mile...maybe more

The prince William county fire marshal was there letting people in and out because they were filled to capacity.

I just kept on driving....

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

How do we get in on this??????

Apply and get approved for the Cabela's Club Visa credit card.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My trip for today with a retired coworker (who uses a walker, and has trouble even with it) is on hold, perhaps very good for him if he has to stand outside and wait, etc. We talked yesterday, crowds may not be much smaller tomorrow. We rescheduled. Good news is they are being so well received here.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was very surprised to see Cabela's is opening still another store. Aren't they in financial trouble and there was a proposal for Bass Pro Shops to buy the Cabela's chain?

I understand the merger is having regulatory problems, probably due to Gander Mountain's failure, but that doesn't make Cabela's position any better.

Posts: 1571 | Location: SW PA | Registered: November 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I know there is a certain degree of excitement about a grand opening, but after a few weeks it wears off and the crowds become more "normal." This has been the case with the new Bristol, VA store.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post