SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fridge Help Needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fridge Help Needed Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
Whirlpool - WRS325FDAMO4

It seems like there is an air flow problem.
The freezer is too cold and fridge not cold enough. Freezer was -17 Fridge was 50.

We deiced the air pickup vent in the lower left wall of fridge.

We took the cover off, where the I would call it a door and freeze switch, slider that opens and closed an opening from the freezer air flow across top of ice maker to the vent top left corner of fridge. It is functioning as you turn the freezer temp knop cold to coldest.

We have shut the unit down all morning and have air flowing into it to deice anything that may be built up in ducts. Walls are warm to touch now.

There still does not seem to be much air coming out of the delivery port top left corner of fridge. Temp of air that come out is 29 degrees. Plenty cold for fridge just not much air flow.

When we started on it. The bottom of the ice maker tub had a lot of ice on it and frost on the freezer where the tub dumps ice into door shoot.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Roy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ontmark,

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone can help but it’s been said that, sadly, Brad doesn’t visit these parts much anymore.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Brad hasn't been active on the forum for a long time.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We have to stop with this. Brad stopped visiting the board long ago because he couldn't come here without us hounding him.

There should never again be another thread subject line asking for Appliance Brad. We took advantage of him, and badly, and I don't blame him one bit for leaving. He's a very, very nice guy and we just used him.

ontmark, edit your subject line, please, and I will address this subject with my own thread this evening.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:

It seems like there is an air flow problem.
The freezer is too cold and fridge not cold enough. Freezer was -17 Fridge was 50.

We deiced the air pickup vent in the lower left wall of fridge.

We took the cover off, where the I would call it a door and freeze switch, slider that opens and closed an opening from the freezer air flow across top of ice maker to the vent top left corner of fridge. It is functioning as you turn the freezer temp knop cold to coldest.

We have shut the unit down all morning and have air flowing into it to deice anything that may be built up in ducts. Walls are warm to touch now.

There still does not seem to be much air coming out of the delivery port top left corner of fridge. Temp of air that come out is 29 degrees. Plenty cold for fridge just not much air flow.

When we started on it. The bottom of the ice maker tub had a lot of ice on it and frost on the freezer where the tub dumps ice into door shoot.

Any help appreciated
Brad isn't here anymore, but this sounds like a problem that he helped me with a couple years ago.

The fix was simple in concept, not so easy for an Old Guy to do, because of limited mobility.

Brad instructed me on how to remove the interior back wall of the freezer compartment. The coil assembly (is that the correct name for it?) was all iced over, which restricted the air flow. I used a hair dryer to de-ice it, re-assembled, and all was right with the world. Easy-peasy, or at least it would have been if I were able to move around without difficulty.

The cause of the problem: The freezer door had not been closed completely the night before. There was a small gap, maybe 1/4" to 1/2" that allowed humid air to get in all night long, the humidity condensed, froze, and totally coated the coil assembly.

My night-time routine now, in addition to checking the locks on the house doors, includes checking that the refrigerator and freezer doors are completely closed.
I suggest, per Para's request, that you remove the first phrase of your title -- everything up to and including the word "Phone."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
And another thing...

There is a defrost heater in the freezer back wall area. That heater must work for the coil to avoid freezing as V-Tail has experienced. His issue was an open door. If the heater fails, your coil will freeze. You can go to your local appliance parts store and buy another one.

The key is to diagnose the true cause. V-Tail had an open door. My heater was clearly open circuit. You can see it like a light bulb.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Subject line changed!!

Sorry.

I am glad you do run a great ship Boss.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post