SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cell Phone Insurance? Don't.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cell Phone Insurance? Don't. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I've always had to BestBuy plan had zero problems with it. They added a deductible a few years back. Prior to that I never bought cases and would destroy one every few months. All you had to do was bring them the pieces. In one year they replaced $3,000 worth of phones for me. Granted they were refurbished models, but looked flawless. Then they started charging $150 deductible for it and I bought a glass screen protector for mine and a super cheap case ($5 on Amazon). Phone is now two or three years old, my CC number got stolen and I just never updated my payment info because I want the new HTC U11 so I figured I'd just go without for now.

I will be purchasing the new HTC from BestBuy and paying the $10 per month again. It makes even more sense now that the carriers are all slashing their prices trying to compete on monthly fees. No more $200 latest flagship phones with two year contract any more. Now if you want a flagship phone you need to shell out $700-800 or pay $25 per month add on fee on your bill.

I would not buy the phone carriers insurance, way to much hassle for me and BestBuy used to (maybe still does) have a no questions asked policy of replacing them.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post