SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need some advice on a employer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some advice on a employer Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Interesting turn of event's later in the day, the asshole gave him a .50 cent raise woopeee and said he's buying lunch tomorrow.

my guess is he knew he screwed up bad by pushing him and is trying to cover his tracks.

He is good kid and treat's my daughter very well, old school in a way as he never lets her pay for anything. has always been very respectable to us. he is trying to get into the apprenticeship program and should have no problem doing so, there are so many commercial projects going around here because of the U of O Ducks that they are looking for help.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Good deal on the raise. Let him deal with it. Must be good worker to get raise. Maybe he was having a bad day too.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

When I worked custom millwork, for an old man with a grade school education, but with a remarkable ability at making anything out of wood. One day, he picked up a screen door off my bench and threw it across the shop, busting it all up, because I "did it wrong". I had to make the door over from scratch, at that point being yelled at for losing money on the job. He never touched me physically, but working for him was both difficult at times and very rewarding. His drinking problem didn't help. But, I learned a wonderful trade and was paid well. Looking back, it was the most enjoyable 25 years of my life, even if taxing at times with the "old man".

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Head down, suck it up, assess the situation going forward with an eye towards either attempting to resolve the conflict in a one on one discussion or bail out for another job.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
I once had a boss that shot a radio with a 45 because we kept changing the station from his Guy Lumbego music to rock. And it was his radio! He was an ass but he was kinda entertaining.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Audioholic:
I once had a boss that shot a radio with a 45

Bet that was loud.

What I've learned from the best old tradespeople is patience.

If the GC is the one running the show, making a cut from every employee on the job, plus profit on the job, he's probably got some organizational & accounting ability worth learning.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jgerge222:
The young man needs to learn to deal with this on his own. I have been in the construction business for 45 years. It might not be right but they will either work it out or duke it out. It really is that simple.

This, the construction industry is pretty tight knit and calling Johnny Law over the guy might black ball him from getting a job in the entire area. It's not like the guy hit him over the head with a hammer. Construction workers aren't known for being polished bankers.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
The kid needs to handle it himself.
He needs to determine if it is a "real" physical danger or if it just a snowflake interpretation of authority assaulting his "safe space".
Could be anything in between, I'd stay out of it and let him handle it.

This!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Push as in he got knocked down, or push, as in he got touched? If it was just a touch, eh it comes with blue collar work.

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sorry but I'm just damned glad to be retired now for 11 years. I don't have to deal with millennials, pajama boys, snowflakes, or other pussies who freak at the slightest provocation.

As for this kid who got touched/pushed, if the shoe fits.....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Tell him to grow a pair. There's more than likely a reason he got pushed...if he did.

Call the cops?!? Really? Jesus. Roll Eyes

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Tell him to grow a pair. There's more than likely a reason he got pushed...if he did.

Call the cops?!? Really? Jesus. Roll Eyes

would you say the same thing if a senior lawyer pushed another lawyer, banker, accountant, doctor? I guess it's ok to push someone if he's blue collar?

the kid was told to unload a truck when it showed up, that's what he was doing when the boss arrived. No one deserves to be pushed on the job. I bet he wouldn't do it to a person his own size or even someone closer to his age.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Since you asked for thoughts. Here are mine. It is not your concern. And since your daughter is his boyfriend it is not really her deal to bring to you. Other than in conversation I guess. He needs to decide what and if anything he should do. Just part of the process. And no, the guy should not of done what he alledgedly did. Mtcw.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
If he doesn't want it to happen again he should slam him in the face

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would talk to my daughter about her choice of boy friend. What does she want her life to look like. Is this the kind of guy that would be good husband, father , protector and provider. I honestly dont want to hear how mean her boyfriend/husband boss is. Frankly i dont think i would deal with it very well. By very well i mean constructively. To but it anoughter way, if the clown dosent take care of his business, my girl, and any future grandchildren I have , than what happened at work is mild compared to what i am going to do. If i ever do have a son in law and something like this comes up i hope we have the kind of relationship where he would skip the women, come directly to me, and we could talk the thing out.

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post