SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    High School Boys get in trouble during trip to DC, Media gets it wrong.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High School Boys get in trouble during trip to DC, Media gets it wrong. Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
This Yarmuth jerkwad's actions are very troubling, if not surprising.

Personally I think he was sincere in his call to ban teens from wearing MAGA hats, as all progressives want to impose their "we know better than you" rules on the masses, especially some poor impressionable teenagers being poisoned by the horrible message of making their country a better place. Then I think he he lied about it being sincere, saying it was a joke. Then he doubles down continuing to say that he still thinks the teens acted inappropriately. I dont know what evidence he has for that assertion, as I have seen nothing to support this. As far as I can see they showed some admirable restraint while being harassed and threatened by the Black Hebrew Israelite nut jobs.

About social media, Yarmuth said “That's particularly dangerous for someone in my position, because the world expects you to have an immediate comment, and a lot of times, you're commenting without full information.”

Well Yardmouth, how about keeping that fat digital trap of yours shut until all the facts are in rather than rushing to judgement and jumping on the condemnation bandwagon. Douchebag.

quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Yesterday, during all of this, the DemonCrap House of Rep Chairman of the House Budget Committee said that teenagers should be BANNED from wearing MAGA hats because of this incident.

Now, after it has been shown to be FAKE NEWS, he is trying to back-pedal and say it was all a “joke”. Nope, ain’t buying this fucktard. You said it in a social media tweet, and others piled on too. You OWN this, Mr Congressman Asshole Yarmuth. This fucktard is the Congresscritter from the 3rd Congressional District of Kentucky (Louisville).

https://www.wdrb.com/news/yarm...oOwIdR7zwPVxH0dsZWmk

Since the Dems have controlled the Louisville Govt system for the past 50 years, they also pretty much control everything else around Louisville too. Thankfully, the rest of Kentucky is Republican throughout, except for the Lexington-Fayette County system.

And this is another reason why to NEVER allow a combined City-County govt system.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
It’s been a full 24 hours since the truth came to light.

The Diocese of Covington was quick to throw the Catholic boy’s under the bus.

Why so slow to apologize?
When will they take down their condemnation?
When did protect the flock get retranslated to throw under the bus?

Link to current Diocese of Covington home page.

It is interesting to note the first six minutes of the video BHI focuses on the Native American event attendees.

BHI- “Before you started worshiping totem poles, you were worshiping the true
Living God.”

“Before you became an idol worshiper you was worshiping the true and Living God.
And this is the reason why this land was taken away from you.
Because you worship everything except the most high.
You worship every creation, except the creator.
And that’s what we are here to tell you to do.
We are here to tell you to wake up to the four corners of the earth.
This is the truth of the Holy Bible.”

At this point a Native American respectfully approaches the Black Hebrew Israelites to apparently complain about disrupting the Native American event.

BHI - “We don”t have a microphone brother.”
The Native American appears to indicate that BHI is disrupting the Native American event.
BHI - “OK and this is the part of freedom of the speech and freedom of religion, and that’s what we out here for.”

Then the women step in to confront BHI.
They talk about origins of people and peace.
Women - “This is a time for peace in this land.”

BHI responds - “How you going to have peace in this land with a madman in the Whitehouse?”

BHI - “I am talking about the madman that shut the government down.”
“Right now all the people on the Reservations ain’t going to get no Food Stamps.”
“All the people in the Projects, in the Ghettos ...(unintelligible)... (5:33 mark of video) pompous bastards over there wearing Make America Great (About 6 CHS Students appear to be listening and seem a bit surprised that BHI commented on them) “Little hippies, little corny ass...(unintelligible).

Note that this is ~ 1 hour prior to when the students were required to meet there for the bus.
During the next hour more students gradually arrived.
Insults and name calling was lobed at the students for the next hour, prior to any visible response from the students.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

The Diocese of Covington was quick to throw the Catholic boy’s under the bus.

Why so slow to apologize?
When will they take down their condemnation?
When did protect the flock get retranslated to throw under the bus?

Link to current Diocese of Covington home page.

These cowards and the mayor are the ones that need to be hoisted on their petards .....if I was a parent of one of the students I would be waiting in the Bishops office demanding an explanation and a written apology.

The rest of the progs are just progging, it's like blaming a crack whore for suckin' dick...."ho's gonna suck"...."progs honna rage"

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
So it turns out that this is the second time this week that the Patriots beat the Chiefs.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
slowly.... as water wears down rock they persist.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
About Chief Shitting Bull going around telling everyone he’s a USMC Vietnam Vet:

There are some Internet sleuths doing some fact checking as we speak and the numbers don’t add up to be frank. Based on his age, he would have served in the Marines in the mid-1970s, he claims to be a Vietnam combat vet from Vietnam, but the last USMC units pulled out of VN in 1971.

He’s also alluded to being a “Recon Ranger” in the Marines which doesn’t add up either; Marines have Force Recon and the Army has Rangers. We may be looking at embellishment or outright a Stolen Valor type situation with this guy.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
This is turning out to be somewhat of a "cluster" for the left and the MSM...reap what you sow Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d be right up in the Bishops face. He’s got another big concern. The priest scandal in Louisville & southern Indiana.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
About Chief Shitting Bull going around telling everyone he’s a USMC Vietnam Vet:

There are some Internet sleuths doing some fact checking as we speak and the numbers don’t add up to be frank. Based on his age, he would have served in the Marines in the mid-1970s, he claims to be a Vietnam combat vet from Vietnam, but the last USMC units pulled out of VN in 1971.

He’s also alluded to being a “Recon Ranger” in the Marines which doesn’t add up either; Marines have Force Recon and the Army has Rangers. We may be looking at embellishment or outright a Stolen Valor type situation with this guy.

Maybe he served with Senator Blumenthal. Wink

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:

There was a time when the left rejected anyone who was a Vietnam Vet. They'd go all Jane Fonda on them.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Marine my ass, he's a fucking liar.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
TRUMP SAYS COVINGTON CATHOLIC STUDENTS ‘MAKING BIG COMEBACK’

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
quote:

Maybe he served with Senator Blumenthal. Wink

Maybe he served with the VC?

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

The Diocese of Covington was quick to throw the Catholic boy’s under the bus....

The Catholic Church: victimizing young boys again. What a surprise...

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Dewhorse, The Diocese of Covington’s page appears to be down. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Wonder what in the name of damage control is going on over there?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21...aga-teens/index.html

Twitter suspends account that helped ignite controversy over viral encounter

Twitter suspended an account on Monday afternoon that helped spread a controversial encounter between a Native American elder and a group of high school students wearing Make America Great Again hats.

The account claimed to belong to a California schoolteacher. Its profile photo was not of a schoolteacher, but of a blogger based in Brazil, CNN Business found. Twitter suspended the account soon after CNN Business asked about it.

The account, with the username @2020fight, was set up in December 2016 and appeared to be the tweets of a woman named Talia living in California. "Teacher & Advocate. Fighting for 2020," its Twitter bio read. Since the beginning of this year, the account had tweeted on average 130 times a day and had more than 40,000 followers.

Late on Friday, the account posted a minute-long video showing the now-iconic confrontation between a Native American elder and the high school students, with the caption, "This MAGA loser gleefully bothering a Native American protester at the Indigenous Peoples March."

That version of the video was viewed at least 2.5 million times and was retweeted at least 14,400 times, according to a cached version of the tweet seen by CNN Business.

The video had been posted earlier on Instagram by someone who was at the event, but it was @2020fight's caption that helped frame the news cycle.
Rob McDonagh, an assistant editor at Storyful, a service that vets content online, was monitoring Twitter activity on Saturday morning and said the @2020fight video was the main version of the incident being shared on social media.

In one indicator of the @2020fight's video's virality, multiple newsrooms, including some national American outlets, reached out to the user asking them directly about the video.

McDonagh said he found the account suspicious due to its "high follower count, highly polarized and yet inconsistent political messaging, the unusually high rate of tweets, and the use of someone else's image in the profile photo."

Molly McKew, an information warfare researcher who saw the tweet and shared it herself on Saturday, said she later realized that a network of anonymous accounts were working to amplify the video.

Twitter's rules forbid users from creating "fake and misleading accounts," and shortly after CNN Business asked Twitter about the account, it was suspended.

CNN Business was unable to reach the person, or people, behind the account, to ask if they were indeed a California schoolteacher that chose to use someone else's picture. Soon after we pointed out on Twitter that the account was using a different woman's profile picture, the account blocked this reporter.

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Dewhorse, The Diocese of Covington’s page appears to be down. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Wonder what in the name of damage control is going on over there?

They condemned their own students... based on the short version, which as sdy points out above... was selectively edited to make them look bad.

BUT... 24 hours went by after the truth came out and they still didn't pull it down.

NOW... it's a conundrum. Honor their leftist sensibilities, or defend their own innocent students? Roll Eyes

What you have to realize is that the US Conference of Catholic Bishops is infected with leftists. You could say that they are leftists first and catholics second. The Bishops are at odds with their own congregation. Just look at Pope Francis, who's a leftist, but at odds with at least half of all Catholics, at least those paying attention.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...mid-safety-concerns/

“After meeting with local authorities, we have made the decision to cancel school and be closed on Tuesday, January 22, in order to ensure the safety of our students, faculty and staff,” Robert Rowe, the school’s principal, wrote in an email to parents and employees.

“All activities on campus will be cancelled for the entire day and evening. Students, parents, faculty and staff are not to be on campus for any reason. Please continue to keep the Covington Catholic Community in your prayers.”

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
What the right should learn from Covington Catholic flap
By Jack Cashill

The first question any conservative should have asked himself about a picture of a high school kid supposedly harassing an old Indian guy beating a drum was, “Why is this image newsworthy?”

The image was newsworthy because the left shapes the news. High school kids harass their elders on a daily basis. Even if the Covington kid was guilty as accused, other kids throughout America were doing worse things to old people during this same news cycle; mugging them, punching them, maybe even killing them. Even if caught on video, the media would not show these incidents unless the left found them politically useful. They almost never are, and so they almost never do.

This framing of the news has gone on for more than fifty years. So please tell me why -- Rich Lowry, Charlie Kirk, David Brooks, Meghan McCain, Scott Adams, S.E. Cupp, and Nick Frankovich among others -- you needed to comment in the first place. Your apologies do not disguise the fact that, despite your leadership positions, you have less understanding of the left and the war they are waging than the kids at Covington Catholic.

“I deleted my original tweet and we also took down a strongly worded post by my colleague Nick Frankovich that relied on the incomplete video,” wrote National Review editor Rich Lowry. “It’s another reminder -- even for an old hand like me -- that it’s best not to make snap judgments and to wait for all sides of a controversy to have a chance to be heard.”

Sorry, Rich, you have pulled the wrong lesson from this incident. What you should have pointed out to your readers immediately is that the Washington Post, CNN, and the rest were prepared to ruin the lives of some adolescents, who had come to Washington to march for life, to score a cheap political point.

The National Review’s coverage of the Covington flap mirrors its treatment of the Trump presidency. Its editors, like those at the erstwhile Weekly Standard, have been playing by the left’s rules since the National Review denounced the John Birch Society nearly 60 years ago. Said one editor at the time in the way of explanation, “We can’t afford to jeopardize the grudging status we’ve earned in the Liberal community.”

Still worried about their “grudging status” among liberals, many of those prominent on the right insist that Trump and others honor all the left’s silly totems, even if they are as contrived as the old man’s beating the drum. If a conservative fails to do so, his more respectable betters will join the left’s shaming posse even if the ones being shamed are 16-year-old pro-lifers.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...p.html#ixzz5dLgI7pYC

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
So the entire Covington school is now a victim?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post