SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Several hundred table show...NOT a glock or AR in sight.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Several hundred table show...NOT a glock or AR in sight. Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
Vegas Antique Arms Show....Several hundred tables, FULL of old Winchesters, Colt SAA's, Sharps, etc, etc. An amazing array of high end, Collector arms.

I did not see a single AR or Glock. LOL.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You did say it was an "antique arms show", right?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The firearms itch I cant scratch?
Vintage Winchesters.
Colt SAAs.
Lots of old Winchesters here in the Yoop. I went into the gas station in Seney and there was a rack fill of vintage lever guns.
Champagne taste, beer budget.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
My thing is old classic double barrel shotguns, usually LC Smith doubles. Rarely see them at the shows here.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

Yeah, what's the problem?

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I bet that was cool. See anything real good?
Pics man, threads like this require pictures!
I do owe you a Camaro pic, I've not forgotten. Need to get off my butt lol

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Any double rifles? I always thought a double rifle would be a blast to shoot. Don't think I could handle the recoil anymore.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Case-hardening and nicely-figured wood are a welcome change from matte black and plastic.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
This is why I continually avoid going to the Tulsa OK show every year. I’m afraid I’d go nuts with the antique selection.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

A gun show is still a gun show....I thought it was refreshing to NOT see any plastics. Didn't know this was being graded.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
quote:

flashguy

A gun show is still a gun show....I thought it was refreshing to NOT see any plastics. Didn't know this was being graded.

Big Grin

I'm almost only into firearms as tools skewing towards the "Tactical" variety...but I too think it would be very cool and refreshing to go to an antique arms show with nary a Glock or AR in sight.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
High capacity lever action rifles and pistols firing sealed, primed cartridges were the assault weapons of their day. Just keeping it in perspective Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
quote:

flashguy

thinking you made the passing grade Wink

and, the most important question

whatcha buy?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Everyone realizes that the first AR-15s are now C&R eligible?

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by detroit192:
Everyone realizes that the first AR-15s are now C&R eligible?

Yeah, isn't that wild? Something that is concerned "advanced and high tech", just gos to show you how far ahead Eugene Stoner was with the AR 10 and redesign AR 15!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, was there any AR 15 pistols that took Glock magazines? Big Grin

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Hepburns, Sharps, High and Low walls, Stevens, Maynards, and of coarse, Ballards.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I would have drooled.

I'm expanding my collection of black & tactical, plastic & practical until the arms locker - my toolbox - is filled out.

After that, it's all blued and hardwood for the display case in the study.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post