SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The P230 raffle is being cancelled
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The P230 raffle is being cancelled Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
E-mail inbound to you Arc.

Para, thank you for this opportunity.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I wasn't in on the raffle because the gun in question just wasn't my thing, but now that some mealy mouth anonymous worm doesn't want us to have the wrong kind of fun, I will absolutely participate in whatever future activities of this type that happen!

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Anonymous. Chickenshit move.

Thank you, para, for my online home. No better place to be.

Email sent, arc.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I am so disappointed in the closing of this raffle...... it’s really sad and frankly it sucks.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we dont get to have a raffle.

But anonymous has to live out his or her days a sniveling, cowardly piece of shit.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:
I did not enter since I refuse to get the HQL that Maryland requires before a handgun can be purchased.

You're not alone, brother. I'm a HQL instructor, but I'll be damned if I'm going to have one. I had enough pistols before 10/1/13, that I'm good to go. Just frees up more money for HBARs and .50BMGs.

So, along with Maryland kissing my ass, I'm going to peel off some of my AR/.50 fund to go to this fine forum and while I'm at it, a little more to DJT2020 as well.

Email inbound, Arc.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the issue because it is a raffle or a firearm raffle?

I came up against Texas law for raffles some years back while I was doing consulting for the American Diabetes Association.

Like here, we had to cancel the raffle (multiple items donated by Dell).

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
In a most recent email to para I can attest to how gracious he was in his reply. I had offered a private donation out of my gratitude to use up space with photo's in a section of the Gallery. He explained that the space and file size of the photos were on the hosts. He graciously declined my offer and I'd be more than happy to send my offer again. Sigforum, thank you, you've helped me in ways other than you can imagine.

Email will be forthcoming..thank you.
***DONATION SENT***

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won’t lie, I am a little sad that the raffle has been cancelled but I completely understand why. I will email Arc to tell him to keep my entry because even though I have only been a member for a few years I have been lurking about this forum for much longer. This is a wonderful place with great people. Thank you!

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
Just the raffle itself.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Theres always one in the bunch, if it was about state legalities you'd have thought the person would contact the Admins and advise of the potential for having an issue in that state.

Most likely a troll, we wuz m'cain'd LOL

Buncha smart folks here, some with real legal backgrounds, others with Holiday Inn Degrees we should be able to come up with a solution...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
Just the raffle itself.

is it canceled because the website was doing the raffle ?

or are members wanting to get rid of a telescope in the form of a raffle banned as well?

( medical bills piling up)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Just sent Arc an email advising him that I don't want a refund.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
is it canceled because the website was doing the raffle ?
Yes
quote:
or are members wanting to get rid of a telescope in the form of a raffle banned as well?
I don't know how to answer your question, bendable.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this had to be cancelled.

I am however grateful it was opened up for donations and sent something off to Arc to add to the pile.

Not much but every little bit helps. Thanks again for giving good people a place to hang, lurk, contribute and learn about just about anything in life.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the raffle has been cancelded. I did send Arc and email to add my check to the Sig Forum Donation. I very much enjoy this Forum so keep up the great work!

Posts: 23 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: July 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I didn't enter the raffle as I'm currently scaling down my little collection. Don't shoot near as much as I used to, and I don't want to saddle my wife with liquidation after I'm gone. No, I'm not anticipating checking out in the near future but I'm sure my wife will out live me. She's as strong as an ox. As in the past, I'd contribute to the forum and not expect anything in return except continued ad free access and a great bunch of forum members -- as it's been for the many years I've hung out here.

My question though, is was this an issue because it was a fire arm being raffled, or some a-hole that though the owners were taking advantage of the members.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NavyGuy,

See Para’s reply above. Not because it was a firearm being raffled, just because it was a raffle.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Their are hunting clubs in Virginia that sell tickets, I guess it would be considered a raffle that use the daily pick 3 (Virginia) lottery drawing. The daily prizes consist of hand guns, rifles and shotguns along with other merchandise. The membership sell and purchase the so call raffle tickets and tickets are sold to non members also. Can someone explain the difference other than the state laws in which the raffle is held. It is the same thing to me.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
It’s apparent that the members here would love the opportunity to help Para and the rest of the staff here defray the costs associated with keeping this forum running now and into the future.

Please consider maybe a once year open donation to keep this amazing community going for as long as you want it to last.

It would be OUR privilege to contribute.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post